concert sound quality

teus

concert sound quality

Postby teus » June 15th, 2014, 7:47 pm

I feel sorry for starting this topic, but I really want to voice my feelings about this.
A friend & me mostly visited Animecon for Origa & Kotoko. The configuration of the sound for Origa was terrible. The bass and other instruments were totally overwhelming her voice. Her voice sounded very muffled, getting drowned out. The impact of her voice was more akin to a background singer.
During the medley of anime songs, this was worst. After this, Origa sang 1 song that was accompanied by only a guitar, and her voice was marvelous. Very clear, sharp, bright. This was the Origa I know. There was nothing wrong with her voice.
Kotoko's concert was excellent, and her voice was amazing. After the first half of the concert, the volume of the background music got progressively raised. I noticed two or three sudden increments in the volume, and her voice started to fade away a bit. Not as bad as Origa, however.

I have no idea how this could happen.
I hope you understand my profound disappointment.

AokiKazuki

Re: concert sound quality

Postby AokiKazuki » June 16th, 2014, 5:11 pm

I have notice the bass being too loud and the music sometimes higher than vocal or lower, make it sounds like someone singing in karaoke. Not very sure is it the main adjustment problem or there is not enought time to adjust the correct sounds.

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby niels » June 16th, 2014, 9:54 pm

Hi Teus, Both audio settings were exactly as management wanted.
We have no choice in this but to respect their wishes.

Harlequinsy

Postby Harlequinsy » June 25th, 2014, 6:53 pm

I was in KOTOKO's 2012 Hong Kong concert.. and the sound quality seemed to be better there. I think the instruments were fighting for room in the World Forum hall... but it's probably just due to way they arranged songs, might've been made for smaller hall (and sound different) or might not have had enough time to prep and adjust..

I still enjoyed her concert, really glad she was there :)

Return to “Other Events”