The general AMV 2016 thread

Ask your AMV (Anime Music Video) related questions here.
Kafpai

Re: The general AMV 2016 thread

Post by Kafpai » May 12th, 2016, 8:58 pm

thanks :) and eeh exesive graphical violance is stuff like reeeaaaly vialance like murder but i dindt read that part until i sended my amv but i used onepunchman buku no hero academia danmachi shokugeki no soma arslan senki and owari no seraph is that okay ?

there i no blood in my amv and there is like action and stuff

Smoke

Post by Smoke » May 13th, 2016, 8:48 pm

So i was a little bit confused by this rule :
Your AMV length must not exceed 3 minutes and 10 seconds.
The sequence must be like this: 2 seconds of silent black, 180 seconds of AMV (maximum, but doesn't need to be 180: a video that drags along is just as bad as a video that's too short), 7 silent seconds of white on black-credits to the music and animation and 1 second silent black. Please don't name yourself in the credit screen; this might be of influence during judging.
Does this mean that credits are required/mandatory and does it have to be on the music ?
7 silent seconds of white on black-credits to the music
Silent and to the music ?
I was not gonna put in any credits but it asks me to check the box at the entry form so thought I would ask now before I am disqualified for no reading the rules. It's just a little unclear to me.

NotReallyHere

Post by NotReallyHere » May 14th, 2016, 10:24 am

I don't know man, the things they do those vegetables in shokugeki are pretty brutal.

(All jokes aside: There are maybe a few scenes in one-punch man that could be questionable where they have a monsters innards splattered all around but since you said there's not even any blood I wouldn't worry about it.)

imp

Post by imp » May 14th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Smoke wrote:So i was a little bit confused by this rule :
Your AMV length must not exceed 3 minutes and 10 seconds.
The sequence must be like this: 2 seconds of silent black, 180 seconds of AMV (maximum, but doesn't need to be 180: a video that drags along is just as bad as a video that's too short), 7 silent seconds of white on black-credits to the music and animation and 1 second silent black. Please don't name yourself in the credit screen; this might be of influence during judging.
Does this mean that credits are required/mandatory and does it have to be on the music ?
7 silent seconds of white on black-credits to the music
Silent and to the music ?
I was not gonna put in any credits but it asks me to check the box at the entry form so thought I would ask now before I am disqualified for no reading the rules. It's just a little unclear to me.
I think you are reading the rule wrong.
Credits should be white on black and silent. The credits should go to the source material used in your video, like, what music and animation you used.
[...] 7 silent seconds of white on black-credits to the music and animation and [...]
here i highlighted what goes together, italics is 1 part, and the bold part is a different part.
This is finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

Smoke

Post by Smoke » May 14th, 2016, 10:25 pm

imp wrote: I think you are reading the rule wrong.
Credits should be white on black and silent. The credits should go to the source material used in your video, like, what music and animation you used.
[...] 7 silent seconds of white on black-credits to the music and animation and [...]
here i highlighted what goes together, italics is 1 part, and the bold part is a different part.
Thanks for clearing it up

inuwolfram

Post by inuwolfram » May 14th, 2016, 11:58 pm

Should we receive a confirmation e-mail after we sign up for it?

Kaj
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Kaj » May 15th, 2016, 9:33 am

Not after you sent the form, but I will send you an e-mail after I watched it.

I just downloaded the fruits of your labor, so expect an e-mail later today.

Kaj
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Kaj » May 15th, 2016, 12:35 pm

Aaaand I'm done! Everyone who sent something has had an e-mail from me with either congratulations or a rejection with the encouragement to fix their shit before next Saturday. ;)

Still not giving out the number of attendees, but there will be a pre-judging again this year!

imp

Post by imp » May 15th, 2016, 1:33 pm

oooooh, good luck everyone for the preliminaries!
This is finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

Kaj
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Kaj » May 21st, 2016, 10:13 am

Quick heads up: I'll be checking the new versions tomorrow morning due to personal stuff creeping in. From what I know, I have one waiting to be watched: the rest was submitted and checked earlier this week.