Editor's Dinner

Ask your AMV (Anime Music Video) related questions here.
MelyoraMel

Re: Editor's Dinner

Post by MelyoraMel » May 21st, 2013, 8:13 am

Yeah, it will be hard to plan around that XD I would really like to see the cosplay compo as well, but leaves us with only 1 hour between the AMV compo and cosplay compo (16.30-17.30). So if we want to eat and talk in that one hour, I suggest we eat either on the Animecon location itself or somewhere really really close.

Here's what I found:
- Lunchroom Tasty: They're open until 18.00 on Saterdays, so ideal for us, and it's about 500 meters walking distance from The World Forum. Here's the menu list: http://www.lunchroomtasty.nl/menus/lunch/ It's a bit pricey at first glance, but if you look at the burgers, they're 9,50 with fries and everything, I think it might be a possibility.
- Several others, just look on Google, but Lunchroom Tasty is closest by with any possibility for us to go there, eat and get back within an hour.

Kaj
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Kaj » May 21st, 2013, 8:24 am

So you can imagine how Saturday will be for those who have work to do. ;)

Rellik

Post by Rellik » May 21st, 2013, 8:46 am

In the past we always had the amv dinner after the cosplay compo. So i dont know what people prefer

MelyoraMel

Post by MelyoraMel » May 21st, 2013, 10:02 am

True, but then the cosplay compo was often a bit earlier, at least, from what I can remember. And from what NotReallyHere also said, there's also the concert to keep in mind.

So we have 15:00-16:30 AMV compo - one hour gap - 17:30-19:00 Cosplay compo - one hour gap - 20:00-21:00 Altima concert.

I think it's quicker to go grab a hamburger or something (either at Animecon or the Lunchroom Tasty I mentioned) than to go to a restaurant and order something. Also, if we eat before the Cosplay compo you won't have an empty stomach during it (which I will most likely have if I don't eat something in the meantime).

Rellik

Post by Rellik » May 21st, 2013, 10:54 am

Yeah you're right. The concert is earlier then previous years also i think.
Still havnt heard from my friend. Ill give her a call tonight to see if there is a cheap and fast place we can eat. Maybe there is a italian near by or something were we can order in advance so that we have our food when we arrive. That could be a option

imp

Post by imp » May 21st, 2013, 1:53 pm

I totally agree with MelyoraMel, Lunchroom Tasty looks good, and I probably need something to eat after the AMV competition.
This is finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

Salafor

Post by Salafor » May 23rd, 2013, 10:21 am

There's also " Flavor's ". 600 meters from the World Forum, aaaand! LOOKS TASTY!
http://www.flavors.nu/nl/menukaart/hoofdgerechten/

Reason why it looks tasty:
ELKE DAG...
Onbeperkt Spare-ribs

ZATERDAG
kogelbiefstuk
met gebakken champignons
ór
Restaurant Hudson - 800 meter
http://www.restauranthudson.nl/uploads/ ... -diner.pdf

Yes, I like meat :3

Lunchroom Tasty looks good as well though, just eating a burger with everyone sounds good too ;D
I don't really mind where we eat

NotReallyHere

Post by NotReallyHere » May 23rd, 2013, 12:37 pm

Salafor wrote:There's also " Flavor's ". 600 meters from the World Forum, aaaand! LOOKS TASTY!
http://www.flavors.nu/nl/menukaart/hoofdgerechten/
Damn Jacco... I already mentioned that one. XD (been a while tho)
I like meat too! ^^

MelyoraMel

Post by MelyoraMel » May 23rd, 2013, 1:00 pm

I think it's not smart to go to a restaurant like Hudson, because we need to get there, settle there, order, wait till the food arrives, eat, pay and get back to Animecon within one hour, and I don't think we can make it.
Flavor's is a possibility, it's not too expensive. I don't like spare-ribs though XD

I also saw a pizzeria nearby (New York Pizza's) but I'm not too fond of it myself XD (It's right next door of Lunchroom Tasty)
And there's also a Albert Heijn located a few houses away from Lunchroom Tasty and New York Pizza's, for the people who want to gather some supplies ;)

So I would suggest to go to Lunchroom Tasty (my preference) and if people want to grab a pizza instead, it's easy to get one next door and eat outside or something. Then drop by the Albert Heijn for some quick shopping and return quickly to the Animecon ^^
It's close, we can make reservations, and a lot of possibilities on the side if people want something different.

michel kraijer
Logistics

Post by michel kraijer » May 23rd, 2013, 1:12 pm

there will be good food at the con it self also
ben niet gek ben een kolibrie