Inline skates

The Cosplay team is ready to answer all your questions.
Autumn Refrain

Inline skates

Post by Autumn Refrain » March 15th, 2016, 10:33 am

Hey!
So I've read the rules on props, but I'm still unsure, so I decided to ask.
I'm planning to cosplay someone from Air Gear, so that would mean that I am preferably wearing inline skates. I can imagine that it's prohibited to wear them in the event rooms and that stairs are too dangerous with them on my feet. But I was wondering about the corridors and the main hall.

Do inline skates fall under number 10 in the rules?
10) Cosplay props that may compromise safety in any way are not allowed.

I hope someone can answer this for me, so that I won't be breaking any rules.
thanks!

George
Dealer Room Manager

Re: Inline skates

Post by George » March 15th, 2016, 11:37 am

Yes, inline skates most definitely fall under that catagory.
The same goes for pretty much anything on wheels, with the exception of wheelchairs for obvious reasons. ;)

Keep in mind that the venue will be filled with a few thousand people, and no matter how well trained you are, if you lose control, or if some calamity happens to strike during the festival it's not just you that will be at risk of injury, or worse.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

joannenauta

Post by joannenauta » April 7th, 2016, 8:57 am

I was wondering, I understand inline skates not being allowed, but what about those shoes with wheels? I think theyre called heelies? I would still be able to walk normally and only use the wheels where I have more then enough space.

George
Dealer Room Manager

Post by George » April 7th, 2016, 9:59 am

Heelies are an odd occurrence, I don't think we can actually disallow people wearing these as they are not actually dependent on the wheels to stand or move on.
However, like rollerskates and the like we do disallow you to use them on their wheels inside the venue, even if you think you have enough space to do so.

When it comes to the use of wheeled contraptions at our event; The only allowed means of wheeled transportation for living beings are wheelchairs and strollers for babies, toddlers and small children. :)
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Autumn Refrain

Post by Autumn Refrain » April 13th, 2016, 3:14 pm

thank you so much for clearing that up!