suggestions?

The Cosplay team is ready to answer all your questions.
purple_panter

suggestions?

Post by purple_panter » January 3rd, 2014, 9:23 pm

Hello,

I am Lisette, female still 21 but will be 22 during the animecon. Ever since i bought my tickets ( maybe earlier) I have been thinking about what to do as cosplay. This is not for the competitions it is just for fun. mainly because i have stage fright.

I was wondering maybe you can help. I am open for suggestions.

this is probable handy to know about me:
I usually wear glasses or contacts, I am 1,66 meter tall, I fit in clothes that ar size small or 34/36 depends on the style and where it is from. i have blondish to brown shoulder long hair. I do not have a problem with a wig. I wore one last year.(curly miku). If the colour is close to mine i would probably use some dye. I am a bit self conscious so i would prefer not too revealing outfits :oops: . I also would prefer it the character is from an anime. I would like something that fits the theme. School uniform are cute but are not what i prefer to wear.

I still have enough time to consider options so if i do not know the anime i might watch it before the animecon. depending how much time it will take i am thinking about making the outfit myself unless it is too intricate.

If you have an idea :idea: of a character you would like to see, post it and i will check it out.

thank in advance :D

Prizz1989

Re: suggestions?

Post by Prizz1989 » January 3rd, 2014, 9:47 pm

purple_panter wrote:Hello,

I am Lisette, female still 21 but will be 22 during the animecon. Ever since i bought my tickets ( maybe earlier) I have been thinking about what to do as cosplay. This is not for the competitions it is just for fun. mainly because i have stage fright.

I was wondering maybe you can help. I am open for suggestions.

this is probable handy to know about me:
I usually wear glasses or contacts, I am 1,66 meter tall, I fit in clothes that ar size small or 34/36 depends on the style and where it is from. i have blondish to brown shoulder long hair. I do not have a problem with a wig. I wore one last year.(curly miku). If the colour is close to mine i would probably use some dye. I am a bit self conscious so i would prefer not too revealing outfits :oops: . I also would prefer it the character is from an anime. I would like something that fits the theme. School uniform are cute but are not what i prefer to wear.

I still have enough time to consider options so if i do not know the anime i might watch it before the animecon. depending how much time it will take i am thinking about making the outfit myself unless it is too intricate.

If you have an idea :idea: of a character you would like to see, post it and i will check it out.

thank in advance :D

Lisette,
the best tip i can give you is to wear something YOU feel comfortable in.
That is the most important part.
believe me no matter what you cosplay you will find someone or a group that you can join in.

look up pictures of some characters you like.
Try the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/CosplayNL/
lots of creative people there that can help you, or check out the aniway forum.

have fun.
Pyon....pyon.....pyon....pyon.....
^_^

purple_panter

Post by purple_panter » January 14th, 2014, 7:35 pm

thanks for your reply.
The problem is I feel comfortable in quite a lot.
Unfortunately I do not have Facebook.
Searching on the internet results in lots of stuff that was not from an anime.
That is why I was wondering if someone had a brilliant idea that I am allowed to use.

Prizz1989

Post by Prizz1989 » January 15th, 2014, 11:23 am

purple_panter wrote:thanks for your reply.
The problem is I feel comfortable in quite a lot.
Unfortunately I do not have Facebook.
Searching on the internet results in lots of stuff that was not from an anime.
That is why I was wondering if someone had a brilliant idea that I am allowed to use.

then try the Aniway forum :)
http://www.aniway.nl/forum/viewforum.ph ... 9cdea01473
Pyon....pyon.....pyon....pyon.....
^_^

RuinsOfWonderland

Post by RuinsOfWonderland » January 21st, 2014, 5:33 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't watch an anime because you want to cosplay a certain character, that doesn't really work for me.
This is kind of how I pick my cosplays; I sometimes (re)watch an anime and really feel like I want to cosplay someone from that anime and if I don't really know who, I ask some close friends who know that anime as well who they think fits me most. I really think feeling connected to a character is important, I really don't feel comfortable in a cosplay of someone I don't really connect with or don't really know that much about.
But this is just my advise, you should of course pick someone the way you like it! ^^

purple_panter

Post by purple_panter » March 21st, 2014, 11:49 am

That was usefull information.
I decided that i still can not make up my mind.
So this year i will not wear cosplay, but i will bring my wig.
Have not decided if i want to wear it or not.
As far as clothes go, i will figure something out.
My closet is filled enouh to find something that wil go with the wearher.
Thanks for your replies.
See you at the con.