Rules for props?

The Cosplay team is ready to answer all your questions.
Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Rules for props?

Postby Baris Dogan » October 16th, 2015, 10:27 am

Perhaps a picture or image of the intended cosplay? The Gameroom can get quite crowded during tournaments and stuff so it really depends on how large the prop is.
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Joe4evr

Postby Joe4evr » October 16th, 2015, 6:40 pm

I have this picture from the Character design book of the show in question. It's somewhat bulkier than a normal arm, but I don't think it's by too much. And it's only one arm, not both.

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Baris Dogan » October 17th, 2015, 10:54 am

Thanks for the picture.

It's really hard to judge the movement/swing range of the prop from it but it seems to be ok as long as it doesn't move/swing around freely while connected to you.

Please do note that if at any time staff at anime 2016 decides the prop is to large and/or dangerous we will still have to request you to store it.
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

15_ichigos

Postby 15_ichigos » January 31st, 2016, 5:17 pm

I also have a question, can i bring a sheathed wooden sword with me on my back? I don't mean to bring it in the dealer room or gamer room. I just want to bring one with me so i can take cool pictures ;)
Thank you in advance

George
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby George » February 1st, 2016, 9:30 am

Do you have a picture of the item?
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

15_ichigos

Postby 15_ichigos » February 1st, 2016, 4:35 pm

i haven't made it yet but i'm planning to make this: Image

Thank you for the quick response! ^_^

Prizz1989

Postby Prizz1989 » February 3rd, 2016, 1:35 pm

15_ichigos wrote:i haven't made it yet but i'm planning to make this: [http://img01.deviantart.net/3dec/i/2012/338/1/9/ichigo_zangetsu_shikai_bleach_sword_by_waynekaa-d5n3r55.jpg]

Thank you for the quick response! ^_^

Do you have a scale? How long/ wide is it?
This way George can have a better idea of the size.
Pyon....pyon.....pyon....pyon.....
^_^

George
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby George » February 3rd, 2016, 3:21 pm

Actually, I know enough. I know the sword and as he said, he hasn't made one yet so nothing to scale it with. :)

It should be ok in the main lobby and parts of Event Plaza as long as you keep it sheathed and on your back or no farther than at your side when you sit down somewhere.
Of course you can pose with it in the designated photo areas. (Please refrain from doing so in the more crowded areas.)

As you mentioned yourself, you will indeed have to bring it away when you go to event rooms.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

SouthBoy880

Postby SouthBoy880 » March 21st, 2016, 5:15 pm

Hello! Quick question regarding my prop...
I'm planning on cosplaying as Yukimura from Aoharu x Kikanjuu and my character has a sniper. I was thinking of building the sniper myself using wood and plastic (pvc and such) but I won't be participating in any competitions whatsoever.. So basically my question is if I'm allowed to carry it around normally, because it does have a strap on it so that I can just carry it over my shoulder, but it'd be a shame if I made it and won't be allowed to carry it with me... I'm also planning on making it about a meter long or so, not sure if that makes any difference..

George
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby George » March 22nd, 2016, 10:37 am

As long as it clearly looks fake, it should not be a big problem. However the usual prop rules do apply, which means that once you head towards any of the event rooms, you'll have to bring it away.

If you make it look like a realistic weapon however, no, you won't be allowed to carry it anywhere at our event.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Return to “Cosplay”