Multiple computers with Osu!

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Yaichii

Multiple computers with Osu!

Postby Yaichii » May 6th, 2016, 2:08 am

Hello there,

I'm a newcomer when it comes to going to Animecon, but I've been to another con before just like Abunaicon. At Abunai they had a computer with Osu! running on it. So I wondered if it's also possible to get one or more computers with Osu! installed on them for visitors to play on?
At the very least I would like to be able to use a pen tablet, like a Wacom Intuos.
I hope I'm not asking to much.

Best regards,

Yaichii

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Multiple computers with Osu!

Postby Baris Dogan » May 6th, 2016, 1:00 pm

Hi Yaichii,

We actually had a big touch screen setup with Osu! in 2014. And although I love the concept of Osu! There are 2 reasons combined with low interest in 2014 why we won't be placing this again:

1) Touch screens are expensive to rent, especially large size. This goes double for a Wacom.

2) Osu! Is kind of a gray area since it's more or less an emulator/clone of Taiko/Ouendan/Beatmania.
While the software itself isn't technically Illegal, simply installing it on a PC and downloading a shitton of songs to it is.

AnimeCon pays a BIG fee to be able to legally place stuff like DDR, in the case of for example Taiko we have permission from Bandai Namco. We would actually be breaking laws and could be fined for placing a setup with unlicensed music.

More information can be fond on the websites of organizations like Brein or Bumastemra.
http://www.bumastemra.nl/muziekgebruikers/tarieven/

So sadly in this case I have to decline since a Osu! setup isn't worth the costs budget wise.
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Return to “Gameroom requests”