Mario Kart Wii

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Jerros

Mario Kart Wii

Postby Jerros » December 16th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Although there was Double Dash last year, I really missed MKWII!
Thought there'd be a tournament of it too, but... alas.
So yeah, as far as Gameroom Requests go - that. :P
(also, GCN controllers rather than those damn wheels while I'm at it ;) )

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Mario Kart Wii

Postby Baris Dogan » December 16th, 2012, 11:26 pm

I totally agree with you when it comes to GC-controllers over wiimotes, we did Mario Kart Wii 2 or 3 years ago but it wasn't as popular as double dash :(

I'm pretty sure we will have a Mario kart game in the Gameroom next year since they always are tons of fun :D, however I can't answer yet if it's going to be Mario Kart Wii, Double Dash or Wii-U :)

Heck we might even go crazy and put up Super Mario Kart for the SNES :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Jerros

Postby Jerros » December 17th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Yay, huzzah for more fans!
Hopefully there'll be a competition, as MKWII finally got rid of snaking, things should be fun once again. n_n

Baris Dogan wrote:however I can't answer yet if it's going to be Mario Kart Wii, Double Dash or Wii-U :)

The Wii-U version isn't even announced yet. >w< Hideki Konno just said he wants to create "a new and enjoyable game that uses the unique function of Wii U" and never really considered bringing other non-mario related chars in the game before. So... no Mario Kart Wii-U for may. :? Seen as the game isn't even in production yet...

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Baris Dogan » December 18th, 2012, 10:48 am

It's Nintendo... there will be a new mario kart, mario party, mario tennis, mario golf, mario shoepolisher and whatnot. The only question is if it will be out during the convention :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Jerros

Postby Jerros » December 19th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Baris Dogan wrote:The only question is if it will be out during the convention :)

I know there's going to be one; but it won't be out before the convention, that's what I said. ;)
The project hasn't even started yet, and the main developer Hideki Konno is hardly even brainstorming about new concepts yet. My guess would be April 2014, though it might be as early as November 2013 if we're lucky. ;3
Smash Universe is also released first, and I doubt if Nintendo starts serious work on MKWII-U before SSBU is released (which still has the "TBA" release status).
So no MKWII-U for a while I'm afraid...

XSlicer
Gameroom crew

Postby XSlicer » December 27th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Jerros wrote:Yay, huzzah for more fans!
Hopefully there'll be a competition, as MKWII finally got rid of snaking, things should be fun once again. n_n

>Remove skill based gaming with snaking
>Replace it by adding more luck with Blue Shells
>fun once again
I disagree :(

Jerros

Postby Jerros » December 27th, 2012, 11:27 pm

XSlicer wrote:>Remove skill based gaming with snaking
>Replace it by adding more luck with Blue Shells
>fun once again
I disagree :(

Snaking was boring - the first one to lose his PRB lost. It was a minigame instead of a game. Sure, with PRB you could drive off-road indefinitely without mushrooms, but the game changed from making-the-tightest-corner and driving the best and most skillfull to "wonder who loses PRB first".

Blue shells suck and have always. But snaking turned Mario Kart into a minigame rather. Also, the 3ds version sucks due to coins and even more "let's make it more equal for everyone". I mean, not even losing points upon a loss? Really? But MKWII, bare the blue shells, was well-balanced. And even the Blue Shells were made dodge-able.

Return to “Gameroom requests”