DDR

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
cosgirleevee

DDR

Postby cosgirleevee » January 13th, 2016, 9:51 pm

right now I have gone to animecon two times now, and enjoyed it very much. especially the DDR and game room.
but there is one thing that I find a bit annoying. in the past year there were barely any numbers added to the DDR list of songs, which is pretty disappointing with all the amazing songs that came out in 2015 and before that. I don't know who is in charge of the songs that are on the list, but after searching for a bit, you'll even be able to find newly released songs for the DDR pad. for example: http://www.otakusdream.com/downloads/ here are a lot of new songs that I haven't seen on the list at any of the conventions in the Netherlands.

I'm not trying to be mean, I just thing everyone would really enjoy is if there were some new songs for DDR, I know I would :)

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: DDR

Postby Baris Dogan » January 16th, 2016, 8:43 pm

Hi Evelien,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the slow response (I was out of the country).

The answer to your question is quite simple: Even though it's really simple for us to download an anime and show it on the big screen or to download song packs and add them to DDR there is something called copyright law and piracy.

Just like we have to pay both video and a separate audio(music) fee's for anime we show at AnimeCon we also have to pay a fee for the music we put in to our DDR setup and the room it's in. As we are using an external partner for our DDR setup we are limited to the music they have licensed/arranged.

So even though some other events which I wont name might simply add random song packs from the internet which are popular doing so is Illegal in a lot of cases, sure it might be a bit of a moral grey area according to some but we at AnimeCon prefer to make sure the artists/creators get compensation where due and have decided against this.

I hope this answers your question and we hope to see you at Anime 2016!
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

cosgirleevee

Postby cosgirleevee » January 16th, 2016, 10:15 pm

so that's why.

thank you for taking the time to explain it, I really appreciate it. I don't know it just feels better to know the reason why something isn't there when you would really like it to be there.

and I already have my tickets so I'll definitely be there.

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Baris Dogan » January 17th, 2016, 6:27 am

No problem :)

See you at Anime 2016!
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Return to “Gameroom requests”