Rhythm games?

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Yuna

Rhythm games?

Post by Yuna » May 24th, 2015, 11:48 am

I couldn't help noticing that Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd and Taiko were available in the game room last year.

I know that Taiko will be there, but I was wondering if PJDF2 or other rhythm games will be available this year as well?

鏡音レンobsessed・・・ (◡‿◡✿)

Thumbsy

Re: Rhythm games?

Post by Thumbsy » May 28th, 2015, 11:36 pm

Sweet to hear the Taiko's coming back! Really hoping to see HM:PD and beatmania IIDX again as well c:

Edit: What would also really be rad would be a pop'n music setup :3
⬅️⬇️⬆️➡️⬅️⬇️⬆️➡️⬅️⬇️⬆️➡️⬅️⬇️⬆️➡️

Yuna

Post by Yuna » May 29th, 2015, 10:00 pm

I assume that Taiko's coming back, since it's listed on the website. ^^

I loooved PJDF2 as well, although I now own the game (and thus only want to practice on those awful game pads! ><). I'm still wondering if it will return to Anime this year. I didn't notice Beatmania, though?
鏡音レンobsessed・・・ (◡‿◡✿)

Thumbsy

Post by Thumbsy » May 30th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Oop didn't notice the Taiko being mentioned there, yay

They had a beatmania setup last year yeah, not an actual cab but using portable controllers. It was awesome, one of those rare chances you get to play that game here. :mrgreen:

Was the PJDF2 last year using special controllers or just normal console controllers? (I forgot what the setup was like)

Yuna

Post by Yuna » May 30th, 2015, 10:31 pm

The setup included one of the pads, though it would have been nice to have an optional controller, since the buttons didn't always register the player's movements.

Even still, I'm hoping to see more rhythm games this year. It's nice to be able to play a single song and leave immediately afterwards if you want to.
鏡音レンobsessed・・・ (◡‿◡✿)

Baris Dogan

Post by Baris Dogan » May 31st, 2015, 7:24 am

Hi All,
Sorry for the slow response, I was out of the country :)

Most if not all music games we had last year will return again this year, including Taiko, DDR, Beatmania, Pop N Music and project Diva.
We usually have even more stuff behind the counter as well. Last year we had Para Para Paradise and Rock Band with us but I don't think we placed those. Right now I'm looking into maybe getting a Guitar Freaks setup as well.
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Thumbsy

Post by Thumbsy » May 31st, 2015, 9:55 am

No sweat, welcome back :)

And thanks for the confirmation, that's great news! Guitar Freaks would be really nice, only ever saw them on a vacation once in Singapore. But to know there will be a beatmania and pop'n (I didn't even know there was pop'n last year) setup is totally ace :D

Actually, I'm certain I saw the Para Para Paradise lying on the ground somewhere in the game room last year. Just can't remember whether it was ready-to-play-on. Might have to try that at least once too if it's making a return this year :p

Baris Dogan

Post by Baris Dogan » May 31st, 2015, 11:13 am

We always have more awesome stuff hidden in the corner since sadly the biggest part of our budget is renting TV's so some setups might switch games during the day/weekend depending on how popular they are :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Yuna

Post by Yuna » June 1st, 2015, 11:00 pm

Thanks so much for the wonderful confirmation!
I'll be keeping an eye out for any surprises. ♥
鏡音レンobsessed・・・ (◡‿◡✿)

Yuna

Post by Yuna » May 30th, 2016, 8:38 am

Hi there!

I'm bringing this thread back to life to ask about rhythm games again...

Two years ago, you had Project DIVA F 2nd (JP ver.) available before its initial release in the West, so I was wondering what the odds are of finding Project DIVA X at Anime this year? I don't expect it to be available, but since I did see PJDF two years ago, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!
Last edited by Yuna on May 30th, 2016, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
鏡音レンobsessed・・・ (◡‿◡✿)