Smash 4 tournament rules and days

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Koropokkuru

Smash 4 tournament rules and days

Postby Koropokkuru » May 20th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Greetings,

There has been some talk about a Smash 4 tournament recently and I had some questions regarding the tournament itself:

- How are you handling elimination brackets? With the usual 100 players and going for 1 on 1s you would need a decent amount of matches. Will there be a qualifier? It would be great to have a set with matchpoints for the later stages of the tournament.

- What are the time and stock rules? What about stage bans?

- Would it be possible to bring your own Gamecube Controller to the tournament? Alot of tournaments abroad allow this due to certainty of the controller functioning and using the controller of their own preference.

- At what days and hours can we expect a tournament?

It would be great to have some clarity about the tournament rules since there isn't alot of info available yet. I hereby thank you in advance and I hope to see you soon at Animecon!

Yours Sincerely,

Koropokkuru

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Smash 4 tournament rules and days

Postby Baris Dogan » May 31st, 2015, 11:08 am

Hi Koropokkuru,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, I was away on vacation.

I've spoken with the host of the tournament for you:
-Usually we are eliminating the masses by doing a 4-player FFA with 2 stocks. This also slightly depends on the amount of people registering. There are no qualifiers, first comes, first served, with reserves after the first 64. Now I'm trying to get at least 2 TVs this time so we're more flexible, but it depends on the setup at that time. After the 64 have shrunk down to 16, the 1-on-1 matches start.

-Time is probably set on 5 minutes, with 2 stock. On FFA the only banned stages are the moving ones. In 1-on-1 it's the standard 1-on-1 stages (Omega, BF, Smashv)

-The game will be played on Smash Bros GameCube controllers. I will not allow own Wiimotes due to sync times.

- Saturday 13:00
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Gymmo

Postby Gymmo » June 1st, 2015, 12:49 pm

Baris Dogan wrote:I will not allow own Wiimotes due to sync times.

Liggen er dan WiiU controllers voor de mensen die geen GCN controller gebruiken?

Synch times hoeven trouwens geen probleem te zijn. Ga naar 8-speler smash, druk op de rode synch knopjes en je bent na een paar seconden verbonden met controller slot 5, 6, 7 of 8. Synchen via het menu is alleen nodig bij 4-speler smash omdat één van de vier GCN controllers overruled moet worden. Als je 8-speler smash start met vier spelers krijg je dezelfde stages als bij 4-speler smash.

Koropokkuru

Postby Koropokkuru » June 1st, 2015, 3:39 pm

I assume the top 16 all need to play 1 match FFA in this case then? Is it a possibility to get a bigger stage for a 4 man FFA like Big battlefield due to cramped up space?

Is there also a possibility to organize a tournament later that day , something like an extended tournament? One without prices or a small entree fee that lasts a little bit longer ^^

XSlicer
Gameroom crew

Postby XSlicer » June 2nd, 2015, 3:30 pm

Gymmo wrote:Liggen er dan WiiU controllers voor de mensen die geen GCN controller gebruiken?

Synch times hoeven trouwens geen probleem te zijn. Ga naar 8-speler smash, druk op de rode synch knopjes en je bent na een paar seconden verbonden met controller slot 5, 6, 7 of 8. Synchen via het menu is alleen nodig bij 4-speler smash omdat één van de vier GCN controllers overruled moet worden. Als je 8-speler smash start met vier spelers krijg je dezelfde stages als bij 4-speler smash.

It's more the problem of constant changing controllers, one wants gamecube, one wants wiimote, one wants Classic, one wants pro. Batteries of Wiimotes might drain, there might be syncing issues. GameCube controllers simply work.
It might sound a little nitpicking, but it's usually pretty crowded and with limited time we prefer it to be as smooth as possible. Same that I prefer people not to create usernames/change controls during the tournament.

Koropokkuru wrote:I assume the top 16 all need to play 1 match FFA in this case then? Is it a possibility to get a bigger stage for a 4 man FFA like Big battlefield due to cramped up space?

Is there also a possibility to organize a tournament later that day , something like an extended tournament? One without prices or a small entree fee that lasts a little bit longer ^^

Yes, everyone needs to play at least one FFA match. I'll probably pick a few bigger stages for the FFA.
Sorry, but cannot organize an extended tournament. I simply don't have the time for that. Regular Smash will already take a long time to process with a limited about of screens.

Koropokkuru

Postby Koropokkuru » June 2nd, 2015, 5:09 pm

I'm going to change username either way, unless you have a preset tap jump off control set enabled :P

XSlicer
Gameroom crew

Postby XSlicer » June 2nd, 2015, 7:08 pm

Koropokkuru wrote:I'm going to change username either way, unless you have a preset tap jump off control set enabled :P

Changing a username is allowed, but setting controls is not. I'll also have a few pre-made usernames with tap jump off.

Return to “Gameroom requests”