Steetpass Area

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Buzzthebatgirl

Steetpass Area

Postby Buzzthebatgirl » January 11th, 2015, 9:44 pm

Just wondering if it would be possible to have an area set aside for Streetpass (for 3DS) users. This idea has been used at UK Conventions has proven quite popular in the past. Some have even provided stools and chargers but I do understand those extra pieces may provide stress on the Con budget, but even just having a bit of floor space would be great!
It could even double as a handheld game sharing area where people can just show up, either on the fly or via sign up sheets (so people know when a certain game will be available to play) to share download copies of games (some games have this feature) and just play with others for fun.

It just seemed like a nerdy idea I wanted to share :3

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Steetpass Area

Postby Baris Dogan » January 12th, 2015, 4:36 pm

I love your idea, in act I like it so much we did exactly that for like 6 or 7 years in Almelo :)

We had a small corner (8-12 spaces) set aside with a power brick for people to charge mobile devices and to mingle with portable gaming devices. We even had a DS demo broadcasting unit with Pokémon event eggs.

Now on to the bad part: Sadly this space was hardly ever used and when it was it was like 3 or 4 people at a time. We might bring it back in the future but no promises yet, we have the equipment and everything but it depends on how many people want it and if it's worth the effort (on our side) or if we should use the time and space for a different project.

I hope this answers your question :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

George
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby George » January 12th, 2015, 8:53 pm

If I am not mistaken, MangaKissa will also bring their Nintendo Zone along.
I will try to confirm this with them next sunday.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Buzzthebatgirl

Postby Buzzthebatgirl » January 12th, 2015, 11:08 pm

@Baris Dogan
I had no idea you guys had actually tried this before (this is sorta my first time popping over for AnimeCon ^^'). Is there a local Streetpass group over there that could help spread the word? That's something that we do over here in the UK, the local groups get together for a casual meet up at the local Cons (even if the local is the crazy busy MCM). Sorry if I seem very Nintendo based using their terms, that will be my Nintendo nerd showing ;)

@George
An actual working Nintendo Zone?! Oh now if that does work that could open the way for online MK7 and Pokemon XYORAS tournaments, not to mention the ability to add Friend Codes without having both people next to each other *Nerdness intensifies*

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Baris Dogan » January 13th, 2015, 2:53 pm

I'm not sure if there are any local communities that are actively meeting up, usually it's more of a "spur of the moment" thing or friends meeting up.
If you'd like you are welcome to try and find people on the forum or Facebook to set something up :)

The MangaKissa might also be an option, but as it is basically a library I'm not sure if they will be to keen on noisy tournaments, perhaps George could check this?

And welcome to our event :D
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Return to “Gameroom requests”