Compo times

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
FoxFire

Compo times

Postby FoxFire » May 25th, 2014, 8:13 pm

I saw that the times for the compo's have been posted and I was wondering why it was chosen to do Super smash on the same time as the Amv compo (arguably the most popular game compo and the most popular event). While there are 5 after that where aside from the cosplay compo nothing super popular is happening. I'm really hoping that the tournament can be done another time (though I guess not) and hope you can provide information to why it is done this way.

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Compo times

Postby Baris Dogan » May 25th, 2014, 11:14 pm

Hi FoxFire,

There is a simple reason for this: We already have to work around Origa, Kotoko, Cosplay compo's, Deshimasound and sooooooo many more events. This is the best option (in general, sadly not for you) to make it accessible for as much visitors as possible.

We could always go in the route of the "cheaper" conventions and just schedule 3 events during the entire con? ;P I'm afraid, and glad that the more the event grows the more events we will have to overlap, including game compo's. Sadly this means some people will have to make choices as to which events to visit but it also gives people a lot more options to choose from :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

FoxFire

Re: Compo times

Postby FoxFire » May 26th, 2014, 8:00 am

Yeah I thought as much but I could atleast ask :P

Return to “Gameroom requests”