Project M - Super Smash Bros Brawl NTSC

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Faifai

Project M - Super Smash Bros Brawl NTSC

Postby Faifai » February 8th, 2014, 2:17 am

Good day to you,

I've wanted to recommend Project M as a game to play in the Gameroom.
I'm sure a lot of contestants and the like would love to see this, since It's gained quite some fame recently.
Furthermore a tournament would make my day, as well as my friend and probably quite some others since the pro-scene for this game is quite populated.
If I need to provide anything, either a Super Smash Bros. Brawl NTSC disc, the mod itself, a Wii, Gamecube controllers whatsoever, just let me know.

My sincerest regards,

Faisal.

P.S.
Here's a video of what It's like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxskj3UFV0

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Project M - Super Smash Bros Brawl NTSC

Postby Baris Dogan » February 8th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Hi Faisel,

TBH I wasn't aware of this particular Brawl mod :O I knew there where some with reskins and added/swapped characters but this one looks like it's a way more polished product :O

I'll be bringing it to the attention of our partner Dutch Noobz (shameless plug: http://dutchnoobz.nl/ ) next weekend, as they assist us with most of our fighting competitions. I can't promise if we will have place for a tournament or will even be placing the game _yet_, but I'll get back to you on that :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

XSlicer
Gameroom crew

Postby XSlicer » February 28th, 2014, 11:55 am

Since I'm your guy for Brawl (in the end it will not be Dutch Noobz), I'll inform you on the status on this one:

It was my intention from the start, but it's good to see there area actually people interested in seeing this.
I'm personally a guy who doesn't like random factors in a tournament I'm usually doing a regular Brawl tourny on FD (etc), but Project M caught my eye before because it will probably bring in more balance (and I can allow Meta Knight because I hate him in vanilla). So yeah, Project M will happen. You don't have to bring your own Wii, I'll take care of that.

Horofic

Postby Horofic » March 14th, 2014, 11:27 pm

Awesome!

I'm glad someone suggested this. This games has indeed acquired a lot of fanbase (including myself obviously).
It it even possible for me to bring my own Wii with the proprietary mods to play this game.

Again awesome to see this suggested it will make me and my friends day for sure!

FoxFire

Postby FoxFire » April 27th, 2014, 1:29 pm

*edit*

Sorry we do not approve of piracy.

Faifai

Postby Faifai » May 1st, 2014, 5:27 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you all very much, I'm glad you took it into consideration and that It'll be in the game room. I look forward to seeing and playing against you all!

FoxFire

Postby FoxFire » May 5th, 2014, 8:05 am

Alright I won't ask again. But just to clarify, when I buy the american version of brawl and rip the iso off the disk to play on an emulator without sharing it that isn't piracy :P Also has it already been decided if it will be 1 vs 1 or free for all (at the start?). Plus might we be able to use more tvs for this tournament? (since smash games are always pretty popular it will cut the time quite a bit)

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Baris Dogan » May 5th, 2014, 10:32 am

FoxFire wrote:Alright I won't ask again. But just to clarify, when I buy the american version of brawl and rip the iso off the disk to play on an emulator without sharing it that isn't piracy :P Also has it already been decided if it will be 1 vs 1 or free for all (at the start?). Plus might we be able to use more tvs for this tournament? (since smash games are always pretty popular it will cut the time quite a bit)

Although you make a valid point, this has been a discussion that has been going on for ages and is a grey area so I can't really comment on that since it would just be an opinion not a fact ^^"

The contest itself will probably be 4 FFA and 1v1 in the final rounds but I'll leave that to the host :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Return to “Gameroom requests”