Feedback Gameroom 2013

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Jasper
Gameroom crew

Feedback Gameroom 2013

Postby Jasper » June 8th, 2013, 12:25 pm

So, what did you think of the Anime 2013 Gameroom?

It was our first time in the new location, and while overall things seemed to go quite smoothly, we already have some things that we really need to improve. But since we're all doing it for the visitors, we really like your feedback!

What did you really like? What wasn't that great?
Did you like the new location?
Missed any games/genres?
Do you have wild ideas how things could be better next time?

Let us know in this topic, on our facebook page, through mail gameroom@animecon.nl or the contact form on animecon.nl

MechBro

Re: Feedback Gameroom 2013

Postby MechBro » June 8th, 2013, 1:26 pm

It was really awesome. The old arcade machines were an incredible finishing touch. Afterburner II is the most intense and immersive game I've ever played, especially due to the moving cockpit. I hope there are more machines like that next year.

I also liked the fact that Beathazard was there, it's my favourite game, but pretty unknown. It needs 2 controllers though, because the multiplayer mode is awesome. But I can't be hung up over technical issues like all spare controllers not working. And luckily I had my laptop with 2 controllers and some games in my hotelroom anyway.

What did bother some people was that PS2 game where you fly a helicopter and need to examine a giant girl's tits. That spot was empty all the time and could have been used for much better games. I loved the looks on people's faces though when they finally noticed what the hell they were playing. :lol:

Furthermore, loved the giant NES controller, it really brought back memories. And that EVA pachinko machine was a nice touch too.

Unfortunately I have no wild ideas apart from bringing more of those old arcade machines next year. I'm not even that old, but it was a childhood dream to play those games for free for that long. The only real arcade left in the Netherlands is in my city, but it's still expensive as hell and less fun than at the con.

One final remark: please make a small bag dropoff point for the arcade. It was silly to say the least that you had to bring small bags with items you bought at the market all the way to your hotelroom or god forbid the real wardrobe to get in.

SD Maruko-kun

Postby SD Maruko-kun » June 8th, 2013, 2:46 pm

MechBro wrote:One final remark: please make a small bag dropoff point for the arcade. It was silly to say the least that you had to bring small bags with items you bought at the market all the way to your hotelroom or god forbid the real wardrobe to get in.

Wouldn't work: "hey, this bag room is much nearer the dealer room, so I'll drop my dealer room stuff here instead of at the main bagroom".
So you end up with either a full size or overly full "gameroom" bagroom that you probably need to keep open 24/7...
Just like in past years people also wanted to store 50x50x100 cm bags at the jacket & small bags wardrobe of the Theaterhotel because they didn't want to haul them "all the way" to the bagroom.

Back to topic: I was too busy to spend any time at all in the gameroom. :| I would have liked to try out Afterburner, so hopefully it returns next year...
SD Maruko-kun
Marco van Loon
my anime, manga, merchandise: http://anime-nl.net/mystuff.html

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Baris Dogan » June 8th, 2013, 11:26 pm

As Marco pointed out: I'm strongly AGAINST a bagroom in front of the Gameroom since we would spend way more time tending to bags then actually manning the Gameroom, sad fact is that if people can be lazy they will be lazy, it's just human nature :P

As for Beat Hazard: We actually had 2 spare (third party) controllers for Beat Hazard including the one I use to play the game at home, however for some reason the laptop we where running it on would not recognize it :( But the game will probably return again next year and we'll try and test the controllers with the hardware we will be using it on :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Nomak

Postby Nomak » November 11th, 2013, 10:12 am

The Fighting Game tournaments that were hosted by you guys were awesome. Please bring those back next year! :mrgreen: It was a great place to meet (new) people who have the same hobby and the tournament organizers did a great job to keep things running.

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Baris Dogan » November 14th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Those where actually hosted as a joint effort with our friends at http://dutchnoobz.nl/ they have multiple events around the year, be sure to check them out :)

Senter

Postby Senter » November 16th, 2013, 11:34 pm

Dropped by one or two times to check it out. Everything was full and nothing to do but to watch people play and so I left as quickly as I came. I'm also no hero at competitive gaming like beat 'm ups. I do like them occasionally but I'm pretty much a complete noob at it. Still it was interesting to see what it was.

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Baris Dogan » November 17th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Yeah the more popular competitions can get up till 128 slots at which point we have to close them or they would go on forever :P
Your best bet would be to come back either early or late in the day at which point it will be less crowded :)

Return to “Gameroom requests”