Project diva, How to obtain?

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Kayako Amaya

Project diva, How to obtain?

Postby Kayako Amaya » June 3rd, 2013, 11:11 am

Okay, So this is not exactly a request of "what I would like" in the game room, since I already saw it there. But a different sort of request which I was told by the game room staff to ask about on the forum.

I may be posting this in the wrong place but I really did not see anything more relevant so, my apologies if I am indeed misplacing this message.
This is a call out to the wonderful person that made Project diva available in the game room, Thank you for that! And my request would be how to legally obtain a copy of the game myself.

I bought one on Amazon before at the rather steep price of 80 Euro, only to find out the game was region locked and that I was unable to play it after putting down what was almost two months of my food and clothing budget.
That said, any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I own both a PSP and a Playstation 3 (Althou the former will need some repairs) and would be very happy if I could get the game running on either or both.

Thank you in advance!

~Kaya

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Project diva, How to obtain?

Postby Baris Dogan » June 3rd, 2013, 10:45 pm

Hi Danny, there is a way to get it done legally, it does however require quite some work. I'll attend the person who was kinda enough to supply his controller and the game to us to this topic.
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Wesley
Festival technician

Postby Wesley » June 4th, 2013, 5:19 am

hi kayako,
first at all, the playstation 3 isnt regional locked. there are 4 games atm.
project diva 1,2,extend for the psp
dreamy theather 1,2,extend.
Project diva f psp vita and
Project diva F for the ps3.

you can buy those from the japanese psn store or from cdjapan/playasia or something, although the dreamy theater versions isnt available on the normal game stores, because it isnt a complete game yet, it needs a psp to sync the savegame files.
psp pdj 1,2,e are, and pdj f and F too, available on the psn store, or on cd/bluray/cr. i paid around 80€ for a psn store card for the japamese psn store, thats the fastest way to get it, ofcourse having a copy on bluray is more fun. i have got two playstations 3, so a dlc copy was usefull to have it on them both.
there are also arcade controllers for it, but its pricy, the mini controller was like 130euros and the one with 100mm buttons was around 499$. So i actually build my own. :3
thanks! and i hope you can do something with this information ^^.

Kayako Amaya

Postby Kayako Amaya » June 5th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Thank you for this info! It's definitely going to be useful, Now all I need to do is find a way to navigate through the Japanese PSN store with my limited knowledge, while indeed having a physical copy would be nice, I am happy enough to get a downloaded version. I read an article on project Diva saying that dreamy theatre was only available if the Japanese PSN network was the first you accessed on either the PSP or Playstation, but I'll just see how much of that is true.

Anyway, thanks once again, your help is very much appreciated!

Kahless
Events Team

Postby Kahless » June 5th, 2013, 3:11 pm

If I'm correct, your PSN store region is linked to your PSN account. And because it is possible to have multiple account 's on your device you can add an additional account to access the Japanese (or other regions) store.

The PSN store lay-out has been unified over all the regions so it should look familiar, but of course the Japanese language can pose a problem.
So after entering the PSN store you have on the right different icons&pictures of content, on the left you will have the menu which you will need to navigate through. You will need to select the second entry "ゲーム" (games), below "welcome", o this menu. Depending on which version of Project Dive you would like you have to select "PS3 コンテンツ", "PS Vita コンテンツ" or "PSP コンテンツ". After you have selected your preferred device you will need to select the second entry "ゲームコンテンツ" (Game content) and after that the second entry from the bottom "リズムアクション" (Rhythm Action). The right side of the screen will display the different content including project diva.

(tested this on my PS3 BTW, I could help if you could be more specific in which version you would like to obtain)
「他人を、でしょ?あなた、人の事には興味ないもの。そのくせ寂しがる・・・」
- 葛城ミサト (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Guest Attendant, Translator, Senior Events

Twitter: @Kahless_KMS |Skype: kahless_kms |PSN: Kahless_KMS |Steam: GP_Kahless |XBL: KahlessKMS
#B-Games@irc.EnterTheGame.com #AnimeLifeStyle@irc.rizon.net

Return to “Gameroom requests”