Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
Jasaya

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Post by Jasaya » January 27th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Greetings!

My name is Jasaya and i'll be joining animecon 2013 as my first animecon! ^^
And I'm really excited! I'd really hope to see a SSBB competition, though! I'll be really looking forward to it and hopefully make it far in the competition :3!
Well, that's about all I have to say about this post, let me know if you also want a SSBB competition! :D

Cya!~

Baris Dogan

Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Post by Baris Dogan » January 27th, 2013, 10:50 pm

Hi Jasaya welcome to the forum, and Anime 2013 :)

I can give you a 99% guarantee that we will have again be hosting a SSBB competition this year since it's one of the most if not the most popular tournament every year :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Jasaya

Post by Jasaya » January 31st, 2013, 6:17 pm

Baris Dogan wrote:Hi Jasaya welcome to the forum, and Anime 2013 :)

I can give you a 99% guarantee that we will have again be hosting a SSBB competition this year since it's one of the most if not the most popular tournament every year :)
I'm glad to hear that! I can't wait for it.
I'd like to ask 1 more question though. What are going to be the rules of this tournament? Official SSBB tournament rules or not? I'd like to know, so I can practice! :)

~Jasaya

Baris Dogan

Post by Baris Dogan » January 31st, 2013, 6:39 pm

The competition rules will be mentioned on the sign-up sheet. I'm afraid I can't give any clearer information about the tournament setup at the moment since nothing is final yet, we tend to go for a 4 way brawl in the lower brackets when a lot of people sing-up and change to a lives based system in the (semi-)finals but this is all subject to change.
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

XSlicer
Gameroom crew

Post by XSlicer » February 16th, 2013, 7:15 pm

As I'm usually the one organizing the Brawl compo, I echo what Baris says.
The first rounds will be free for all 4-man, 2 or 3 stock no items Tournament Stages, 2nd rounds and later will be 3-stock no items 1on1 tournament stage (probably FD, BF, SV).
I'm still considering doing something... special, but I'm not sure yet. Meta Knight is probably banned in 2nd rounds and later.
The problem usually is that one guy always wins (im looking at you SSJgoten) and the rules might be too competitive instead of 'fun'. Might need to change some things around.

FoxFire

Post by FoxFire » February 27th, 2013, 1:11 pm

You could try a 2 vs 2 format that might be fun? Btw if you want some tips on how to make it more fun instead of competitive i've got some stuff you could try out (though i guess the majority would like standard rules from what i've heard).

Ps: I'm ssj5goten

Jasaya

Post by Jasaya » March 1st, 2013, 3:02 pm

Oh! I actually like the sound of the current tournament rules.
And something special might be fun, as long as it's fair for everyone!
I hope I'll be able to at least play against that ssj5goten person, that would be a lot of fun Dx
Well, I'm looking forward to the tournament en the whole con ofcourse!

~ Jasaya