Gameroom feedback 2018

Have you seen or played a groovy game and would you love to see other people try it out at our event?
Please leave a note and our gameroom crew will try if they can make it happen.
MechBro

Gameroom feedback 2018

Post by MechBro » May 22nd, 2018, 5:41 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a bit late, but I had a few remarks about the gameroom during ACon 2017. Might as well make a feedback thread for this year.

Gameroom was pretty nice last year. The VR demos were great. Hope they are there this edition. Also hoping for the return of the table flip simulator and other arcade games!

Opening times: why was the gameroom closed so early? The really late opening times made for really fun times during the previous editions. Especially around 1AM-4AM when all events are done and you want something cool to do. Spoke to several staff members that didn't have issues with the old opening times.

One negative remark though: I found that the stewards at the door were rather rude last year. Especially on the Sunday. Especially regarding small bags that were allowed on all the other days. Rather bummed me out to be fair.
Would be great if there was a poster on the wall or a box you need to put your bag in to see if it's allowed or not. It would save some discussions since the bag size is a recurring issue.

Baris Dogan
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Gameroom feedback 2018

Post by Baris Dogan » May 22nd, 2018, 6:49 pm

Hi Mechbro,

Thank you for your feedback :)

I'll address your questions one by one.

The VR demo's:
Are returning in full force :)
1 title has been decided: Beat Saber, the other setup will be a mix of games.

Opening times:
This has been addressed in both questions and feedback before: since we are/have a limited pool of volunteers it just isn't worth it for us to keep open for the 20 people that stumble in between 2 and 8 am. We simply can't guarantee the safety of our visitors and setups running a skeleton crew in the night. Sorry if you are 1 of those 20 :(

As for the staff members who didn't object: only 3 voted for actually doing nightshifts during our last Gameroom staff meeting, so I'd love a source on that :) But as mentioned above: I'd rather have the team sleep a bit more and being able to plan them in for fun stuff (like VR or Tournaments) during the day.

Rude stewards at the door:
I'm afraid you should put this complaint in the steward section as this is not my department.

I am 17000% sure the bag rule was posted on a big 80x200 banner next to our entrance as I put it there myself and there was a box to put your bag into, perhaps you missed those, I'm not sure what went wrong there.

But should there be any issues with anybody, be they visitor, steward or staff please inform us as soon as possible so we can act upon it right away. Unless you have the persons name doing something about it nearly a year after the event is neigh impossible :( This of course counts for all our visitors, we want everybody yo have a safe and fun weekend.

I hope you had a great Anime 2017 and will have an even better Anime 2018! If you have any other questions or feedback feel free to let us know and I'll see where I can assist you :)

Baris Dogan,
Gameroom Manager
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

MechBro

Re: Gameroom feedback 2018

Post by MechBro » May 29th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Thank you for your response Baris!

I can live with this, really looking forward to Animecon and the gameroom! :D