Taiko Drum performance/workshops

Have a specific event in mind that we can do?
Please write your thoughts down and our event crew will be happy to look if we can set it up.
chojin

Taiko Drum performance/workshops

Postby chojin » June 2nd, 2015, 2:37 pm

An event I really miss every time on Animecon and would really like to see added to the already extensive list of events is a Taiko performance and/or workshops..
This request is probably way too late to make it into this year, but I would really like it if it would be considered for next year(s)..

A local Taiko group I personally would like to recommend is the Belgian Taiko formation Tátake Taiko. I have already seen them playing at Atsunacon in Antwerp, at Made In Asia in Brussels and Japan-Expo in Brussels but they also performed at Abunai 2009 in Zwolle and a few Elf Fantasy Fairs in the Netherlands and every time again they never fail to amaze and amuse the crowd. Their shows are always very interactive and entertaining. Many times they also organised workshops Taiko at the events they played at.. Also worth mentioning is that they still are the only Belgian Taiko group that made it to Japan to perform on a Japanese taiko festival and have connections with the Japanese taiko formation Dadadadan Tenko.
Their website seems to be a bit outdated but they are still very active IRL: http://www.tatake-taiko.be/ ..

If you however could have an authentic Japanese taiko formation from Japan come over to Animecon, that ofcourse would be even better.. :-) But I doubt they will be giving workshops ..

Please do seriously consider this event request as I think it would really give an extra to the overall Japanese feeling of the convention..

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Taiko Drum performance/workshops

Postby niels » June 2nd, 2015, 8:45 pm

We are and have been trying to get Dadadadam to extend their stay in Holland.
Maybe we can work something out for 2016, depending on things and thanks for the backup address.
we DO seriously look at Taiko at one of our festivals.

chojin

Postby chojin » June 3rd, 2015, 9:45 am

I really appreciate that you have been trying to get Dadadadan Tenko to play at the festival; it would be awesome to see them perform during Animecon !
One however does not necessarily need to exclude the other; I mean, I don't know if a famous group like Dadadadan would be so eager to give taiko workshops, so in case they would come to perform on Animecon but won't give workshops, I think inviting a group like Tátake Taiko to actually give the workshops should be considered also (I don't know how close Tátake and Dadadadan really are to each other but Tátake may actually even be a help to convince Dadadadan to perform on the Festival and maybe even co-perform a few workshops with them or so.. I think this is a road worth exploring ?)

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby niels » June 3rd, 2015, 12:49 pm

It is, but Dadadadan does give and loves to give workshops. It has always been a scheduling problem. Not a willingness to cooperate problem :)

chojin

Postby chojin » June 3rd, 2015, 2:22 pm

Good to hear!
I will keep my fingers crossed hoping to see some great taiko performance(s) next year on Animecon :-)

chojin

Postby chojin » April 27th, 2017, 2:38 pm

I noticed Dadadan Tenko is in the Netherlands during Animecon 2017 (see: http://www.tenko.nl/oerol-2017/)
Any change they would also make an appearance on Animecon ?

Robert
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby Robert » April 29th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Nice suggestion but I don´t think it will work for us because "Dagelijks te zien tijdens het Oerol Festival van 9 tot en met 18 juni 2017 om 13:00 en 16:15"

On a practical level it is hard to get a group from Terschelling to the Hague and back again within a limited time window.
"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike Spiegel

tbkoko

Postby tbkoko » March 6th, 2018, 12:05 am

Have you tried yamato taiko school? They give shows around too

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Postby niels » March 6th, 2018, 5:39 pm

We have, we could not consider them this year due to the rather high cost of our main act this year :(

Return to “Event requests”