Event requests for Animecon 2014

Have a specific event in mind that we can do?
Please write your thoughts down and our event crew will be happy to look if we can set it up.
Raena

Event requests for Animecon 2014

Post by Raena » October 29th, 2013, 1:58 am

Which events from Animecon 2013 would you like to see again at Animecon 2014??
Post them here! :D

MechBro

Re: Event requests for Animecon 2014

Post by MechBro » November 12th, 2013, 11:23 am

I'd like to have a Bento workshop by Noriko Aoki. I met her on the last Abunai and was really amazed at the kyarabento she thaught people to make. She was also very interested in hosting a panel on Animecon and gave me her card to refer her here.:)

This should be her site:
http://tokyodoll.web.fc2.com/workshop/b ... kshop.html

Other than that, bring back Anime Speeddating.:lol: I've spoken to more people about it and they were interested in participating as well.:lol: I'm still very happy with the girl I met there. Tt really helped to bring us together faster, since we were/are still shy and somewhat awkward people.:oops: :lol:

MechBro

Post by MechBro » February 17th, 2014, 11:08 pm

I had some ideas for spicing up Animecon with the group I'm going with. Don't know if this is the appropriate thread for suggesting new events, but here goes nothing. :?

1) Japanese food court (Culture festival style):
While there are plenty of stands that sell merchandise or food, it would be nice to have a bit more booths that sell authentic Japanese festival treats that aren't sushi. Abunai had a few Taiyaki stands this year. It was delicious and the line seemed never ending. It would be cool to have stuff like yakisoba, curry rice, takoyaki and curry/anpan stands too. It would be cool having a court that has that feel of a true Japanese festival too.

2) More martial arts workshops:
I don't know if there are rooms large enough for this, but it would be cool to have Kendo/Bushido workshops or demonstrations. It's something that's quite rare on conventions, and it will probably draw quite the audience. I mean, which otaku doesn't like Japanese swordplay? :D

3) Japanese gameshow inspired event:
It doesn't have to be grand, but a late night event with silly challenges and participants picked from the audience would be really cool. It would be cool too if it was a bit more prop heavy than a normal Silent Library-type event.

4) Animation workshop:
I don't think this was there last year... I think. But a workshop where people can make a short, simple animation could be nice.

And now for the silliest idea:

5) Animecon livestream:
Larger cons like Sakuracon have these. It would be pretty cool to have a small stage in a set place where cosplayers and congoers can show themselves. Hell, it might even go viral and bring some visitors and fame to Animecon. The NicoNico.com livestream 2 years ago, where people were allowed to comment live and give feedback to the people on camera, was amazing. The comments were friendly, with few exceptions. Since then, crunchyroll hosted a few more.

Neodash Zerox
Events Team

Post by Neodash Zerox » February 17th, 2014, 11:34 pm

MechBro wrote:I had some ideas for spicing up Animecon with the group I'm going with. Don't know if this is the appropriate thread for suggesting new events, but here goes nothing. :?

2) More martial arts workshops:
I don't know if there are rooms large enough for this, but it would be cool to have Kendo/Bushido workshops or demonstrations. It's something that's quite rare on conventions, and it will probably draw quite the audience. I mean, which otaku doesn't like Japanese swordplay? :D
Suggesting events is never a bad thing. It's even something we might look into it. Your question about the martial arts workshops is more into my field of work during the con. Actually Kendo isn't really rare at conventions. It is probably the most done at other conventions. Having a Kendo workshop last year did crossed my mind, but in the end I decided not to have one, for the only reason that it has been done a few times during the past Animecon events. But there is never a "no" for this year.

MechBro

Post by MechBro » February 17th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Ah, like so. I kind of have to admit that last year was my first Animecon, since the venue at Almelo was too damn far. So unfortunately I don't know full well how Animecon used to be before the move to The Hague apart from hearsay. And Abunai has those martial arts workshops at some ungodly time in the early morning.

Well, I'm glad you're taking it into consideration! I hope to attend one of those workshops. :D

Matijs
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Matijs » February 19th, 2014, 12:14 pm

MechBro wrote:1) Japanese food court (Culture festival style):
While there are plenty of stands that sell merchandise or food, it would be nice to have a bit more booths that sell authentic Japanese festival treats that aren't sushi. Abunai had a few Taiyaki stands this year. It was delicious and the line seemed never ending. It would be cool to have stuff like yakisoba, curry rice, takoyaki and curry/anpan stands too. It would be cool having a court that has that feel of a true Japanese festival too.
And to give another partial answer :) we are working on this, but this is never easy. It took us years to get Japanese food at Almelo, just as it took Abunai a couple of years before their venue agreed to the stands at their convention.

The catering at World Forum is willing to cooperate with us on this, but they do have certain legitimate demands as well. We hope to arrange one or two food stalls for 2014 and we hope to expand this further in the coming years. Unfortunately this is not all up to us.
God's in his heaven. /\ll h@il 8rit@nni@.

purple_panter

Post by purple_panter » March 21st, 2014, 11:39 am

I just made a post in other events abou bodycombat.
Probably not the correct spot.

But i would like to suggest to place bodycombat in the program this year.
I defenitly would participate.

See what can be done.
If not to bad, maybe next year.

Neodash Zerox
Events Team

Post by Neodash Zerox » April 11th, 2014, 3:51 pm

purple_panter wrote:I just made a post in other events abou bodycombat.
Probably not the correct spot.

But i would like to suggest to place bodycombat in the program this year.
I defenitly would participate.

See what can be done.
If not to bad, maybe next year.
A bit belated answer, but last year we had this too. We are trying to ask again. You will hear more information about it soon. Just keep checking the website! :D

tbkoko

Post by tbkoko » April 29th, 2014, 11:57 am

Hey what happened to Animeprom? I enjoyed it alot last year together with the workshop ballroomdancing.
Hope it comes back.
As far as I know there were a lot of people participating last year as well!

Prizz1989

Post by Prizz1989 » April 29th, 2014, 12:22 pm

tbkoko wrote:Hey what happened to Animeprom? I enjoyed it alot last year together with the workshop ballroomdancing.
Hope it comes back.
As far as I know there were a lot of people participating last year as well!
This year we are holding the prom again it just has a different name .
Take a look at our program friday we have the gala.
For more details check our website or our program program.animecon.nl
Pyon....pyon.....pyon....pyon.....
^_^