Bands request

Have a specific event in mind that we can do?
Please write your thoughts down and our event crew will be happy to look if we can set it up.
Ouzihs

Re: Bands request

Post by Ouzihs » November 1st, 2015, 10:52 pm

I'd like to repeat my request and add two more requests. This is my current request list:
- K-ON! (I know this wouldn't be easy, but it would certainly be awesome!)
- Vocaloids (First Vocaloid concert in Europe! I'd pay an additional €50 if necessary).
- 悠木碧 (Aoi Yuki. Her album 'Ishmael' is enough reason for having her at Animecon with anime songs like ビジュメニア and クピドゥレビュー)
- 花澤香菜 (Hanazawa Kana. I'm quite sure she'd be a great hit on Animecon with any of her songs. 恋愛サーキュレーション [Renai Circulation] even made it into meme territory)

I thought of leaving her out of my list but I couldn't because she's my personal favourite:
- 川本真琴 (Makoto Kawamoto. It's not just nostalgia from the Rurouni Kenshin anime opening. I love her funky sound! She might not be part of a major label any more, but she still does freelance work and might be up for a far trip.)

[EDIT]
I decided not to restrict myself and to just give a complete list of artists I'd pay to see. In addition to everything above I'd be delighted to see:
- DAOKO
- かおり佐土原 (Kaori Sadohara)
- UNISON SQUARE GARDEN (!!!)
- Piko
- 由衣堀江 (Yui Horie)
- 喜多村 英梨 (Eri Kitamura)

Not sure if every one of these has a contract with a major label, but all are worth considering in my opinion.

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by niels » November 2nd, 2015, 7:10 pm

Vocaloid: Not possible, there have been Hatsune Miku concerts in Europe before.
The tech for it amd crew size makes it dificult to afford.

Your other options, some of them are known to me and some have been looked in to before.

However, we are now waiting on feedback from a Oricon #1 scoring artist to perform at Animecon.

Ouzihs

Post by Ouzihs » November 4th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Too bad that Vocaloid is not possible. By the way, I meant first official pop concert in Europe. I went to 'THE END' in June and I liked it, but a pop performance like Magical Mirai seems much more fun to me. It surprises me that a Vocaloid concert would be so difficult to afford because tickets are usually cheaper than for singers of flesh and bone. I guess the margins must be quite different.

Any artist with an Oracion #1 single must be good, so I'll look forward to it!

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by niels » November 5th, 2015, 10:15 pm

Sony wants these concerts to have live musicians, which will need to be flown over, lots of backline rental and the tech pieces like the oval array they project on, need to be flown over too.

That's what's making it expensive.
We're looking at 30k in costs, asked about it, because I thought it would be cool three years ago :)

Yuna

Post by Yuna » December 8th, 2015, 10:50 am

Here's another vote for Hanazawa Kana!
I would still prefer Piko, though. Since he's my utmost favourite artist, it would be a pleasure to see him perform live at Animecon on my birthday, but I'm sure whoever the staff decides on will be great!

Meanwhile, I'll eagerly await the announcement for next year! ^__^
鏡音レンobsessed・・・ (◡‿◡✿)

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by niels » December 8th, 2015, 4:02 pm

It will take a few more weeks:)

RumiChii

Post by RumiChii » December 9th, 2015, 11:49 am

reply to: niels

About the AKB48.
As lots of people im quite a big fan of them.
But it's understandable that its way to expensive to book them all
Here's an idea:
Takahashi minami is graduated which means she's not a member of AKB48. A.K.A. every akbfan knows her and maybe you can book her alone to come ! I bet you'll make lots of fans reaaaaallly happy!

Kind regards

Ouzihs

Post by Ouzihs » June 13th, 2016, 6:45 pm

The concert of FripSide was very nice! Too bad some people went away in the middle of it. That might also be because it started an hour later than announced. Props to the staff and the crowd for keeping it sufficiently interesting for most of the people for 60 minutes. For the next time it might be a good idea to have a video ready for unforeseen circumstances. An opening act might also give the artists more time to prepare.

I hope this concert helps for getting other big artists to perform at Animecon.

Back on topic, I made a somewhat shorter list of recommendations based on recent live performances. Here it is:

Autumn Refrain

Post by Autumn Refrain » June 15th, 2016, 10:05 am

Thank you so much for the succesful Fripside concert! It's too bad it started as late as it did, but you guys handled it really professionally.

Artists I'd really love to see in any of the upcoming years are the following:
- Olivia Lufkin (NaNa) - really hard because she's on a hiatus, but maybe she'll come back
- Anna Tsuchiya (NaNa)
- Akiko Shikata (Umineko)
- Linked Horizon/REVO (Shingeki)

It would be amazing if you'd look into these artists. (:

killerdudex

Post by killerdudex » June 15th, 2016, 1:27 pm

The FripSide concert was really succesfull, even the waiting was kind of fun. There are some artist I would like to see on stage at animecon in one of the upcomming years.
- Nana Mizuki
- Nightmare
- Houkago Tea time
- eir aoi
- LiSa
- GRANRODEO
- Larval Stage Planning
-if possible µ's

Any of these would be awesome, I hope you could find the time to look into these. :)