Bands request

Have a specific event in mind that we can do?
Please write your thoughts down and our event crew will be happy to look if we can set it up.
Ouzihs

Re: Bands request

Post by Ouzihs » May 13th, 2017, 9:58 pm

Hi Niels, I can imagine how nerve wrecking it must be for you right now. Lantis is a label with many great artists, so let's just hope for the best. I am sure that whichever artist you have your eyes on, the concert will be great!

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by niels » May 16th, 2017, 1:59 pm

I hope so ;_;
had a talk with them today, set up the web page, waiting on a GO from Japan :)

MechBro

Post by MechBro » May 8th, 2018, 8:38 am

Band request for Dejimasounds:
Moe Shop

They make really good mixes with anime music and give some good shows. I'd love to see them in NL.

Ouzihs

Post by Ouzihs » June 6th, 2018, 3:38 pm

So, I have been thinking about the possibility of a Vocaloid concert, and it's looking more and more realistic to me. This year, there will be 3 Vocaloid concerts in Europe (see http://mikuexpo.com/europe2018/). These will be held at venues with far larger capacities than the World Forum. The cheapest tickets for the Paris concert are €31,50- and the most pricey are €65,-.
Considering the organization's previous estimate of costs being around €30000, the costs should be no problem at all.

The venue in the Hague has a capacity of over 2200. I'd say that is likely to sell out quickly. If on average the people spent an additional €20 to go to the concert, it would mean €44000 of income for this concert. Ticket pricing for AnimeCon ticket holders might look like this:
► Show Spoiler
Or maybe it could be just a fixed price to simplify logistics. Whatever the staff thinks is more convenient.

Perhaps the possibility could be explored to have affordable concert only tickets, which allow you to enter the World Forum on Saturday, starting at 18:00, or something like that.

I am curious to hear the staff's view on this.

PS. I agree that Moe Shop would be awesome for Dejimasounds

BabyPandaHat

Post by BabyPandaHat » August 30th, 2018, 12:01 pm

I'd like to re-suggest Aoi Eir, since she's back from her hiatus and healthy again

Also, Abingdon Boys School is making a comeback at Inazuma Rock Fes this year, so maybe they'll finally release something new and perform again!
Another you could try... uh BuZZ is fun for opening acts, or maybe Flowback.
Perhaps Takamina could come, since she graduated from AKB48 she might be able to perform those songs for their fans and do her solo album?
ONE OK ROCK was in Amsterdam recently, they were pretty good. Think a lot of people would love to see them at Acon!
Choutokkyuu/Bullet Train, or Exile would be fun too.

And as always, my favorites: T.M.Revolution/Nishikawa Takanori (TNNK), LEAD or UVERworld would be amazing.

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by niels » August 30th, 2018, 11:17 pm

We've spoken with TMR management, it's slightly more expensivce to get him than JAM Project was.
My fav to get would be Kouda Kumi. We all need our dreams, right.
Still looking in to all your requests though. So feel free to keep them coming.

BabyPandaHat

Post by BabyPandaHat » September 5th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Really? Awesome! (aside form him being more expensive than JAM but I'm not even surprised considering how popular he is in Japan). I'm sure people would be willing to pay a bit more for a ticket to his show though (I definitely would xD, and I also know a few people that would definitely come see him and pay extra for the ticket) , as well as for maybe merchandise or whatever he's willing to do. I know he did a signing session and free photos with fans in Paris (same with JAM), and he actually really enjoys spending time with fans (especially European fans because they're quite 'chill'. during his ABS tour they spent most of their time chatting and shopping with fans during their free time.) So maybe there could be an option for paid photos with fans or signing session? Or regular and VIP tickets for those who want to see the show?
- this could go for any show and any band or artist, though -
I noticed that these days a lot of bands and artists do photoshoots with fans for money, as well as high-touch event etc. Maybe that's an idea to get extra money as well?

Ooooh you have great taste! She's so good live and so super sweet! My friend and I were fortunate to watch her performance in 2015 on Inazuma Rock Fes, and she was amazing! I would definitely go see her on AnimeCon if she ever came :D

Hm as for other suggestions, I've been listening to Lia again lately, or Takahashi Youko. Sakamoto Maaya is always a good choice. And found out there's a new boy group called First Place, they seem interesting. Very popular in Harajuku. Oh and I forgot [Alexandros] in my last post O_O They're amazing

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by niels » September 5th, 2018, 2:17 pm

We're currently not looking in to paid concerts, as even JAM Project did not make enough to cover our extra budgetary cost.

BabyPandaHat

Post by BabyPandaHat » September 5th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Ah I see, I get it. :) You could still do the signing sessions etc for cash as a little extra to pay for your costs and for the fans, as these can be planned after the concert or hours before. But I can understand why asking extra money for the concert itself might not bring enough money to cover the costs.
Good luck though! looking forward to what you guys bring us next :D

kevinski

Post by kevinski » October 16th, 2018, 1:48 am

I would find it wonderfull if Ai Kayano, Haruka Tomatsu and Saori Hayami are making a peformance at AnimeCon. I think you'll need to give a box of tissues to the attending guests at the entrance of the theater. For when they're going to sing the ending of AnoHana
H.A.M. for live C.A.S.H.