Anime Youtubers

Have a specific event in mind that we can do?
Please write your thoughts down and our event crew will be happy to look if we can set it up.
Ouzihs

Anime Youtubers

Postby Ouzihs » August 28th, 2016, 9:55 am

Recently there have been two large conventions in the United States and Canada where anime youtubers were invited for signing and a panels. They have attracted thousands of fans at these conventions and I believe it would be a good idea to invite them to AnimeCon.

Their fan base in Europe is probably significantly smaller than in the United States or Canada, but considering they all have over half a million subscribers and one of them even over a million, I believe the fans here are of enough significance to be taken into account. Their popularity has also been growing steadily and by the time AnimeCon 2017 starts, another one of them may have reached a million subscribers.

One of these YouTubers will also have his anime by the time AnimeCon 2017 starts, so he could bring (signed) copies of his anime and merchandise.

Besides the direct effect of attracting more people from around Europe, there is also the videos (vlogs) these youtubers make. Those videos will further widen the popularity of AnimeCon.

All the youtubers have expressed their interest for coming to Europe to a convention. They do state that for that to happen they would need to have their tickets and hotel rooms paid for. Considering their popularity, I think that is a fair request.

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: Anime Youtubers

Postby niels » August 28th, 2016, 11:50 am

Hi Ouzihs, thank you for your idea and I do agree that, at some point, we should be going this route too.

For us, however, it is too early. We need to be bigger before I want to go that route and would like to see what, aside from musicians, Japanese guests would add to the mix.

So this certainly is something we will be looking at, in future times (not very distant future times) it is too soon for us now to do this.

yugai21

Postby yugai21 » October 2nd, 2016, 5:55 pm

I think you're talking about Misty/Chronexia, TheAnimeMan, Akidearest and LostPause don't you?
That would be awesome indeed.

yugai21

Postby yugai21 » July 31st, 2017, 8:18 pm

Afgelopen vrijdag een fanmeeting gehad met Akidearest en Joey TheAnimeMan.
En er zijn toch aardig wat mensen gekomen.
Dus misschien een idee om ze voor 2018 uit te nodigen?

Return to “Event requests”