Did Novotel sell out that quickly?

If your post doesn't fit in any of the other topics, post it here.
jiriw

Did Novotel sell out that quickly?

Post by jiriw » November 14th, 2014, 11:47 pm

I put the date the reservations for the hotel went live into my agenda. According to the AnimeCon website that should be 15. November 2014, 0:01. At 0:05 I hit the hotel website. "Sorry this hotel is not available on the requested dates: 12 June - 14 June"... Did the rooms sell out that quickly :o or is something else going on?

TorukoJin

Re: Did Novotel sell out that quickly?

Post by TorukoJin » November 15th, 2014, 12:21 am

Yeah i know right?....i'm so damn annoyed now. i wanted a room at the novotel! The other hotels are gone too.

Well looks like Giovanni won't be coming to AnimeCon in 2015 now :(

Unless down the line somebody offers me a room they don't want anymore at the world forum novotel...? If so please let me know by PM please??
Last edited by TorukoJin on November 15th, 2014, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SD Maruko-kun

Post by SD Maruko-kun » November 15th, 2014, 12:36 am

I got to the Novotel room reservation page, but after I had entered my info and pressed the button to submit, the room was already gone. :(

Crowne Plaza seems quirky and most likely don't have their website setup to handle reservations in 2015 yet. (last day that can be reserved is 30-12-2014)
Apparently some external sites do already offer reservations that far ahead for Crowne Plaza (see the topic on facebook) and otherwise I guess it's a case of phoning or mailing (what I did) them I guess...
Keeping my fingers crossed now that I'll get an e-mail back that a room has been reserved for me.
SD Maruko-kun
Marco van Loon
my anime, manga, merchandise: http://anime-nl.net/mystuff.html

Baris Dogan

Post by Baris Dogan » November 15th, 2014, 10:40 am

I'm sorry to say that yes, the hotels sold out in just a few minutes.

There are only so many rooms available in the Novotel and since it's directly above the convention ground it's the most sought after place to stay during the Anime 2015 weekend. With visitors in the thousands and rooms a little over a 100 it's impossible to facilitate everybody, as much as we would love to do so.

We kindly request people to check http://www.animecon.nl/location/hotels for other options. We advise those not willing to travel to check their options at Bel Air or Crowne Plaza. Those willing to take the tram for a few minutes might also want to check out ibis Den Haag Scheveningen which is just a few stops away right next to the beach or one of the external hotel sits mentioned at the bottom of the page offering hotels in the area for discount prices.
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~