Official Introduction Topic

If your post doesn't fit in any of the other topics, post it here.
TorukoJin

Official Introduction Topic

Post by TorukoJin » September 11th, 2013, 8:42 am

Well i already did mine on another topic but i invite all to introduce themselves here on the forum, especially newly registered members ^^

Baris Dogan

Re: Official Introduction Topic

Post by Baris Dogan » September 11th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Foruma hoş geldiniz ;)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

TorukoJin

Post by TorukoJin » September 11th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Baris Dogan wrote:Foruma hoş geldiniz ;)
lol thanx XD

Senter

Post by Senter » November 16th, 2013, 11:53 pm

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Marin, recently turned 26 and the clerk at the stores still ask for my ID to proof that I'm 16+
So I guess I still look good. :P I started watching anime before I even knew what it was. Dutch collaborations with Japan produced tv shows like Alfred J. Kwak. I watched Wickie the Viking as well as Mapletown and so on when I was a little boy. When I grew older I got into Digimon and Pokemon followed by Shinzoo. Then I hit my puberty and I watched Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon. Aimed towards girls, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. This was followed by Dragonball Z and I became a big fan of both Dragon Ball and DBZ. (watched both fully at least twice, maybe three times). Then we got internet and I started talking to people and they told me those series were anime. They told me to watch Ah My Goddess and since then I watched a lot of anime and bought a few manga's as well. Though starting at around the age of 20 - 21 I stopped watching anime all the time. I Guess college caught up to me. However occasionally I like to watch a serie.

I went this year with a friend of mine for a day to see if we'd like it. I had a blast and so did my friend. He said it was the first time he went to an event and never got bored for a minute. Sadly it was over so quickly despite coming early and leaving late. So coming year we'll be there for all the three days. =D

Funny fact is that I never watched any of the popular anime like bleach, one piece and naruto. My friend does so he saw a lot of characters he recognized while I recognised very little. I guess that's what popular series do. We felt like we stood out of the crowd though as we didn't come in costume in comparison to 90% of the other people wearing beautiful costumes. So coming year I'll try to find a costume since I can't make my own. ( =( )
Just not sure what to go for. I just feel like I'm making the character look bad because of body not being the way it is displayed in the anime/game/etc. So yeah I'm pretty green on all this but I am definately excited to come again. :D

Come to think of it, I might be old in age (24 sounds nice but 26 sounds old) , but for some reason I always enjoy hanging around with people a couple of years younger than myself. That's probably why all my friends are younger.

TorukoJin

Post by TorukoJin » November 17th, 2013, 10:08 am

Hello Marin!

I'm 29 XD yes i still love anime and i'm coming all the way from England to AnimeCon NL and i am getting excited about it :3

I hope we could be friends and maybe keep each other company at the con? :3

Senter

Post by Senter » November 22nd, 2013, 1:33 am

Who knows. I'll be with a friend there for the 3 days and of course it would be nice to meet up. However we probably have different things we want to see or do during those days. :)

TorukoJin

Post by TorukoJin » February 21st, 2014, 9:22 am

Yes i hope so! :)

Is there anyone else who want to introduce themselves i wonder?

BlueH4wk

Post by BlueH4wk » February 21st, 2014, 3:06 pm

yup i thought why not.

i'm BlueH4wk 21 of age(turning 22 at the con) but my english friends call me blue 'cause they can't pronounche my real name correctly. i live in lelystad,flevoland and my intrest in anime actually started not to long ago. when my service in the military ended i had nothing, i was lost i had no hobbies besides gaming an did totally nothing social, but then i noticed while i was surfin on the internet a ''little'' anime called cowboy bebop so i decided why not watch it, and since then i was addicted to anime.

I started watching more and more, then i met a colleague of mine at the job i was working at the time and i found out in our conversations that he was a huge fan. so he invited me to go to nishicon last year with him and some friends.
well long story short i found it eyeopening and it actually pulled me out of social seclusion. i started meeting more people with the same intrests and yea. so i decided to go to the animecon in the hague this year. this is going to be my second con in general so im quite a newb. i also decided to go cosplaying this year 'cause i saw so many people having fun at nishicon cosplaying that i was thinking i need to do that to. so after a long time of thinking as who i should go i decided to go as Vector(resevilorc) or as HUNK(resevil). the reason is that i own most of the stuff of course i only have make a few collor and external adjustments as wel as the resevil badges.

but im really looking forward to the con and i bougth a weekend pass so im sure i we all be seeing eachother.
aut viam, inveniam, aut faciam-I will find a path or I will create one

TorukoJin

Post by TorukoJin » February 25th, 2014, 11:19 am

Hi buddy ^^

I hope you enjoy the con and i hope to meet you there :3

tsubasa_ygm

Post by tsubasa_ygm » April 24th, 2014, 12:33 pm

I'm Joshua. I'm 22 years old and live in the Netherlands. For me things started when my oldest brother introduced me to anime when he was in college. Since then I've been interested in Japanese culture just like him.
For the last three summers I've helped out at the Abunaicon in Veldhoven and now I've decided to try Animecon since this time it will be held during the holidays.
If possible, I would appreciate any tips or advice on finding a good place to stay at during the convention that isn't too pricy.