Anime 2013 Feedback Thread

If your post doesn't fit in any of the other topics, post it here.
George
Dealer Room Manager

Re: Anime 2013 Feedback Thread

Post by George » June 6th, 2013, 11:13 am

good point!

/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

MK☆

Post by MK☆ » June 6th, 2013, 2:35 pm

But it's most likely the building, because on Thursday the reception wasn't all that great either. ;)

chojin

Post by chojin » June 7th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Overall this was another great Animecon.

However last few years (2 or 3) I always had the feeling I didn't see/discover as much anime as I used to before.. And discovering new Anime titles is and has always been one of my head lines of the con.
This year I could pinpoint where the problem is: The anime blocks are too big, and many blocks are follow-up blocks of previously screened anime.
In the earlier years anime blocks where smaller to max 4 eps, I think, which makes it easier to catch an anime from the beginning and those big blocks cause that there are less titles shown, that most of the time, you have to enter a screening halfway because of the long durations, (partly) spoiling the anime if it turns out that you actually want to see the full series..
And when you miss a block due to scheduling overlaps, I don't really want to enter a follow-up block showing from ep 7 till 12 as that would really spoil the anime..

Making the blocks smaller would solve all these problems, in my opinion...(those small blocks can be repeated and followed up by sequels, but make the schedule a lot more flexible)
The only downside may be for some that there would be less anime that is screened for the full series.. But as I recall correctly, years ago that was also rather an oddity.

This would make the anime screenings again more fitted to discover new titles instead of spoiling titles or wasting con-time by watching a full series in two go's and then missing other interesting scheduled items..

Sanjutsi

Post by Sanjutsi » June 8th, 2013, 10:47 am

Pro's

- Very spacious location
- Lot's of toilets / places to freshen up
- Good temperature / ventilation
- Lot's to do and see
- Awesome dealer room

Con's

Baggage
- Couldn't bring own food (I follow a special diet), altough this is understandable
- Couldn't bring a bottle of water to dealer room, but inside dealer room people are *gasp*, selling drinks. -.-
- Couldn't bring a small gym bag with basic stuff like a bottle of water, a vest, etc.
- Line for jackets/bags was - h - u - g - e.

Events/navigation
- Hard to tell where to find what event, the map and schedule on the printed flyer where hard to read/decode
- Little to no directions, rosters or information outside of the paper map I carried on events and stuff. A big LED board/screen in the main hall would have been awesome.

SD Maruko-kun

Post by SD Maruko-kun » June 8th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Sanjutsi wrote: Con's

Baggage
- Couldn't bring own food (I follow a special diet), altough this is understandable
- Couldn't bring a bottle of water to dealer room, but inside dealer room people are *gasp*, selling drinks. -.-
- Couldn't bring a small gym bag with basic stuff like a bottle of water, a vest, etc.
http://www.animecon.nl/rules/house-rules-huisregels
http://www.animecon.nl/rules/bags-props ... bles-rules
@first point: Hmm? I think I've seen a few mentions of a mobile snackbar parked just outside the venue and seen a bunch of people walking around inside with snackbar fries... I know Theaterhotel had a very strict "not allowed to eat food inside that you didn't buy inside" policy, but I thought I read somewhere that wasn't the case for World Forum...
@second point: If drinks were being sold in the dealerroom, I'm sure it was with the intent of people not opening them until they left the dealerroom.
SD Maruko-kun
Marco van Loon
my anime, manga, merchandise: http://anime-nl.net/mystuff.html

Himu

Post by Himu » June 8th, 2013, 2:51 pm

@chojin,
I agree with you.
Ofcourse some anime themes have a limited amount of anime or anime good enough to show.
Wich also depend on the licenses given, amount of video space we have and the allround convention theme.
Seperated blocks of anime only surve there purpose, when served in a watchable timeframe. Which wasnt quite the case in some of the ones shown.
However, i fully trust that coming edition will have a multitude of anime series that will prolly outscore this edition.
As for all suggestions they can be put up in our video request forum.