Anime 2013 Feedback Thread

If your post doesn't fit in any of the other topics, post it here.
George
Dealer Room Manager

Re: Anime 2013 Feedback Thread

Post by George » June 4th, 2013, 4:31 pm

xyanide1986 wrote:Cons:
-getting plucked out of the room by staff in the middle of an event that goes past midnight
Me and my friends were attending the 18+ youkai game and all of a sudden our friend had to leave. While we had weekend tickets he had a ticket for a single day. This did not make much sense to me at all, at least let somebody finish the event and tell them to leave when it's over. Strictly speaking it is the next day but does that really matter?
Kees (MangaKissa) came to me after this happened and told me about it, it is something I will be taking into the evaluation as it would have been perfectly fine if they left after the event ended.
I offer you my personal apologies for that, that could have gone a bit more tactful. This is an error on my behalf I should have instructed the stewards on this.

Just keep in mind that the day tickets do expire after midnight and he would have been asked to leave anywhere else as well.
-foodcourt pricing, but that's not entirely unexpected for event catering at a big venue
To be fair, the prices weren't that much different from the Theater hotel.
The notable difference between here and there is mostly the coin system the Theater Hotel used, here you use actual money which makes you more aware of what you actually spend.

On that topic, I am genuinely curious where people found those €3.50 soft drinks I heard so much about.
-dedicated Visitor Board on these forums for exchanging pictures and contact information (I just found a thread in the cosplay section)
The first I will look at, the second, not so due to people being not so careful when it comes to posting private information.
Keep in mind though, these forums are meant to be a communications platform between our visitors and the convention staff. Not a community forum.
-no glowsticks available for the concert[/size]
And less for us to clean up afterward! ;)
In all seriousness, while we don't disallow you to bring things like this into the theater you will have to provide for those yourself.

/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Lyds-chan
Communications

Post by Lyds-chan » June 4th, 2013, 5:26 pm

SD Maruko-kun wrote:
xyanide1986 wrote: mijn feedback:
- It might just be me, maar ik had de indruk dat af en toe de rijen bij de garderobe langer waren dan in Theaterhotel, terwijl er toch veel meer balieruimte was...
(geen idee of het feit dat ik dit jaar eens geen garderobe shift had invloed heeft op die mening... ;-P )

- Op 1 of andere manier duidelijk maken dat als je een zwaard koopt in de dealerroom, dat dat niet betekent dat je daarmee overal op de con rond mag lopen. Ook al zitten ze in de schede, dan vallen die semi-scherpe metalen/hardplastic zwaarden toch in de "meteen naar de garderobe/hotelkamer" categorie?
Wat betreft de garderobe: er was inderdaad een lange rij, maar je moet ook bedenken dat we rond de 2000 mensen meer in huis hadden dan in het Theaterhotel. Daarnaast was ondanks de balieruimte de doorstroming niet helemaal goed geregeld, maar we zijn al druk aan het brainstormen om dat volgend jaar op te lossen.

Ook de zwaarden waren mij een doorn in het oog, daarvoor zijn we ook druk op zoek naar een oplossing waarbij we iedereen tevreden kunnen houden :)

Bedankt voor je input!
"I'm smiling, that alone should scare you..."

Baris Dogan

Post by Baris Dogan » June 4th, 2013, 5:46 pm

As for the DDR / Kareoke: I'm afraid this was the only viable room left. Of course we will be looking for a bigger room for next year depending on what's available and who wins this years mud wrestling contest for the first pick of rooms: Jeroen (events) or me.
As for alternatives: It was either South-America (the current room) or the central lobby, and seeing as how busy that was as well as the big lines for check-in / cloakroom.

I'm pretty sure nobody objects me refusing the lobby as a viable option at this point ;) I should probably get a medal or something for saving people in line from 2 hours of DDR / Karaoke music ;)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Uzi
Festival technician

Post by Uzi » June 4th, 2013, 6:20 pm

George wrote:On that topic, I am genuinely curious where people found those €3.50 soft drinks I heard so much about.
If my memory doesn't fail me the food court in WF had soft drinks for 3.50 or 3.75 Euro. :twisted:

Uzi
Festival technician

Post by Uzi » June 4th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Baris Dogan wrote:As for the DDR / Kareoke: I'm afraid this was the only viable room left. Of course we will be looking for a bigger room for next year depending on what's available and who wins this years mud wrestling contest for the first pick of rooms: Jeroen (events) or me.
As for alternatives: It was either South-America (the current room) or the central lobby, and seeing as how busy that was as well as the big lines for check-in / cloakroom.
I already have an idea for next year which I'll forward to the event team later (it depends on some other things though).
Baris Dogan wrote:I'm pretty sure nobody objects me refusing the lobby as a viable option at this point ;) I should probably get a medal or something for saving people in line from 2 hours of DDR / Karaoke music ;)
Think of the WF people, gophers and staff! They'd be there even longer than most visitors! :P

Baris Dogan

Post by Baris Dogan » June 4th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Feel free to contact me Uwe, since DDR and Karoake are part of the Gameroom :)
Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Himu

Post by Himu » June 4th, 2013, 8:23 pm

@Lydschan
I has ideas :D

Vixion

Post by Vixion » June 4th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Shadow_Zero wrote:What exactly was unclear about the schedule?
I had many complains from people about the colours , and what each colour meant.
It cross referenced with the colours of the booklet, but not on the schedule itself.
Sailor Mercury-sama wrote:the draft:
I only noticed the draft at the entrance of the building. Didn't notice a draft at the foodcourt.
There was a draft all way down to the -1 floor if you ask me, or maybe combination from draft + working air con unites.

AokiKazuki

Post by AokiKazuki » June 5th, 2013, 12:11 am

Vixion wrote:
Shadow_Zero wrote:What exactly was unclear about the schedule?
I had many complains from people about the colours , and what each colour meant.
It cross referenced with the colours of the booklet, but not on the schedule itself.
Sailor Mercury-sama wrote:the draft:
I only noticed the draft at the entrance of the building. Didn't notice a draft at the foodcourt.
There was a draft all way down to the -1 floor if you ask me, or maybe combination from draft + working air con unites.
if you mean about the color on the timetable list, under the schedule there is plenty of reference about which color belongs to which.

If you mean the Zone 1,2,3 colour, I think most of the zone 1 have an extra poster about the rules

TMar

Post by TMar » June 5th, 2013, 10:39 am

I've really had a great time last weekend. Congrats on organizing such a great convention! I think the new venue is ideal as where space is concerned but I do hope some more mobile snack bars get the idea to offer their stuff at the road side next year :). That way the fountain park might get more crowded (if the weather allows for it at least).

Pro's:
+ Space..... and more space :D
+ Excellent place for inside photoshooting. Those blank walls are in this case quite a good background for photoshooting. I also loved the photoshoot stages on the first floor.
+ Plenty of places to sit down for a bit. These events wreak havoc on my feet and knees. My left knee got overstressed but is feeling better now.
+ The maid/butler café was a bit far off, but it was an excellently quiet room to chill and have some sweets :). It also had a nice view outside through the large windows.
+ Live stream of the main stage! This was a real pro for me because I had to leave early on sunday because of a family dinner. But I did get to watch the cosplay compo's at home that afternoon. It was a real treat to still get to watch Iloon, Kai, Erik and others who are friends of mine.
+ Of course this is a general development: Costumes are getting better and better! I hope these high standards will inspire more people to make their own great cosplays. I've put up my photo's here. I haven't found a photo topic yet, when will that be up? Should I submit one?
+ Theatre, oh man it is big!
+ Dealerroom is an awful lot bigger! In previous years, it was cramped and very hot. I love this hall!
+ Plenty of parking space at the convention building.

Cons:
- Having to pay for parking space :(. But using the loophole makes fairly affordable.
- No Van Olfen. I really miss their icecream!
- No Eethuis Kumpir (the kebab place).
- Now something more serious ;). Please, when you rehearse a cosplay compo, also rehearse the lighting. At friday evening's cosplay compo, the lighting didn't seem right to me and afterwards I've heard that it went all wrong and that it practically ruined several acts. Please, logic dictates that this should be practiced. Contestants spend an awful lot of time and energy in creating their acts including lighting schemes. In those few minutes they get on stage, things should come together. I hope this has been picked up in order to improve.
- I didn't see any floor plans inside the building. It was in the booklet, but that was all. I believe it is quite useful to have floor plan posters put up at key places so people can easily find out where they are and where to go.
- More practical directions to specific places. Sunday I was looking for the EHBO because I was suddenly faced with a 'girl problem' some days earlier than expected (convention jitters can throw off the schedule sometimes) and needed some stuff for that. The EHBO was not at the location indicated in the floor plans in the booklet. I only had a minor problem but not being able to find the EHBO right away, might get to be a problem when time really really matters!
George wrote: On that topic, I am genuinely curious where people found those €3.50 soft drinks I heard so much about.
It was the food court on ground level near the bag/cloak room. I usually got spring water at €2,75. You'll get a bottle (0,5 l) but it's still a lot of money. But the quality of what they offered was fairly good.

In all I've had a great time! May next year be even better! :D