Eating in style (ie. Japanese food)

If your post doesn't fit in any of the other topics, post it here.
Prizz1989

Re: Eating in style (ie. Japanese food)

Post by Prizz1989 » May 12th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Kaj wrote:Natalie and I will try to do some ground work for that by going out and finding a worthy successor for Van Olffen. :D
We expect a full report, soldier.

Pyon....pyon.....pyon....pyon.....
^_^

Cal

Post by Cal » May 12th, 2013, 8:25 pm

niels wrote:Hi Cal, the simple answer is: We Don't know yet. We will be discussing the menu with catering soon. We had to talk with them for quite a long time because they have no clue what our festival is like.
They have never had anything similar. So we will be finalising our talks with them about a week before anime.

There may even be slight to huge changes to their menu during anime, because we both might me totally misunderstanding the demand you guys make regarding food and beverages.
If this is just a regular catering company, used to serving "bitterballen met mosterd", I feel almost sorry for them :)

It's true, I too have no idea what the average congoer wants. I have happy memories of salmon teriyaki and wakame salad for dinner, but just above this reply, someone mentioned ice cream - presumably not Japanese sweet bean ice cream (no idea what it's really called, but I know it's made of beans).

Happily for me, the salad is now sold by Albert Heyn of all places.

Kaj
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Kaj » May 13th, 2013, 8:47 am

About that ice cream: the Tech crew has a tradition since a few years to get some ice cream after the big jobs are done for the day.
Us technicians are a simple bunch: we are quite happy with a pint of regular ice cream in various flavours. Exotic Japanese flavours are a bonus, not mandatory. :)