Eating in style (ie. Japanese food)

If your post doesn't fit in any of the other topics, post it here.
Baris Dogan

Re: Eating in style (ie. Japanese food)

Post by Baris Dogan » November 22nd, 2012, 4:55 pm

Fumei wrote:Japenese food!! Always a good topic to talk about!
Glad to see there will probably be some easy dishes around at Acon 2013!
I know this dish is probably not easy to make but it would be kind of awesome if they were able to serve some takoyaki as well 3___3 just because I have always wanted to try some. But I think that will just be to hard (and a long life dream of my to eat it, until I'm able to visit Japan XP)
As someone who has eaten takoyaki: It isn't THAT hard to make, but most people (6/8) that I know who tasted didn't really like it :) There are also some places in Rotterdam that serve it, and I'm sure there will be some in other big cities as well :)

Official Animecon Gameroom Guy~

Robert
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Robert » November 22nd, 2012, 4:58 pm

Food with tentacles, nope nope nope.
"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike Spiegel

Shell

Post by Shell » November 23rd, 2012, 10:23 am

Ik had laatst een sushi chef (8 jaar ervaring, opleiding in Japan) gesproken die wel geïnteresseerd om mee te helpen tijdens de con kwa eten. Hij kan sushi, tempura en diverse dagelijkse Japanse gerechten koken.

Is daar nog interesse naar?
Photograhpy gaffer

Matijs
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Matijs » November 23rd, 2012, 12:42 pm

Altijd interesse, PM mij maar.
God's in his heaven. /\ll h@il 8rit@nni@.

MiepGirl

Post by MiepGirl » December 23rd, 2012, 12:09 pm

I actually live in The Hague and most of my friends totally lovvvve Sumo. Now I don't know a lot about Japanese food nor do I eat authentic Japanese food ever, but I thought I should put out there that Sumo is recommended by nearly every person I know who ate there.
And I think the danger is exaggerated. I walked through the city centre cosplaying one time with 2 friends, we got some weird looks sure but nothing else. :P
(and Animecon's location isn't nearly as crowded as the centre)

Cal

Post by Cal » May 12th, 2013, 2:00 am

I check the site/forum every now and then for updates, and when reading the bag rule update, the following sentence caught my eye:

"The central reception area also serves as the food court."

Does this, in conjunction with that promising post from someone about a sushi chef willing to help, mean that yes, there is going to be a Japanese buffet comparable to what the THA used to offer?

Then again, the con is barely three weeks away, so if a staff member responds with "stop asking questions, just wait and see", I'll understand.

michel kraijer
Logistics

Post by michel kraijer » May 12th, 2013, 7:29 am

MiepGirl wrote:I actually live in The Hague and most of my friends totally lovvvve Sumo. Now I don't know a lot about Japanese food nor do I eat authentic Japanese food ever, but I thought I should put out there that Sumo is recommended by nearly every person I know who ate there.
And I think the danger is exaggerated. I walked through the city centre cosplaying one time with 2 friends, we got some weird looks sure but nothing else. :P
(and Animecon's location isn't nearly as crowded as the centre)

did u know the also deliver :D :D :D :D :D
ben niet gek ben een kolibrie

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by niels » May 12th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Cal wrote:I check the site/forum every now and then for updates, and when reading the bag rule update, the following sentence caught my eye:

"The central reception area also serves as the food court."

Does this, in conjunction with that promising post from someone about a sushi chef willing to help, mean that yes, there is going to be a Japanese buffet comparable to what the THA used to offer?

Then again, the con is barely three weeks away, so if a staff member responds with "stop asking questions, just wait and see", I'll understand.
Hi Cal, the simple answer is: We Don't know yet. We will be discussing the menu with catering soon. We had to talk with them for quite a long time because they have no clue what our festival is like.
They have never had anything similar. So we will be finalising our talks with them about a week before anime.

There may even be slight to huge changes to their menu during anime, because we both might me totally misunderstanding the demand you guys make regarding food and beverages.

michel kraijer
Logistics

Post by michel kraijer » May 12th, 2013, 4:59 pm

ME want ICE CREAM

ICE cream Pleas
ben niet gek ben een kolibrie

Kaj
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Kaj » May 12th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Natalie and I will try to do some ground work for that by going out and finding a worthy successor for Van Olffen. :D