About donating next to Ticket price

If your post doesn't fit in any of the other topics, post it here.
Arthesian

About donating next to Ticket price

Post by Arthesian » June 18th, 2018, 11:48 am

Hi everyone

I think it's a good ( or maybe necessary ) thing to enable donations during the ticket order process.

But I would encourage you to maybe create some kind of page -- or anything -- to optionally recognize people who donate.
For example like many crowdfunding sites work, or sites like HumbleBundle.

Image below is from HumbleBundle as an example :

I know this might look stupid at first, and maybe even slightly childish... But I really think that it motivates some people to donate and even donate more than they would have done otherwise.

Even if it's as simple as something like : 'We'll print a poster with all nick-names of the donators (who didn't donate anonymously)
Or maybe like the sponsors, show a slide before some event (opening/closing ceremony?) with the names of donators.

Thank you for reading this suggestion, I hope you will receive a lot of donations and make Rotterdam Ahoy one big AnimeCon heaven ( with all the decorations )

See you guys in (less than) a year!

niels
J-Pop Core Staff

Re: About donating next to Ticket price

Post by niels » June 18th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Hi Arthesian, we would love to have something like this, but unfortunately, it is not possible with the ticket provider we use.
We would have to build our own system, and with GDPR now in effect, we don't want to do this, as it is rather costly for us and would get less money to the festival and more work for us.

Sorry about that.

Matijs
J-Pop Core Staff

Post by Matijs » June 19th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Hi Arthesian,

The slightly more rested answer is: yes we could do something like this manually. Also, the GDPR (AVG in Dutch) requires us to ask for permission before posting someones name. This would add to the process of donating. I was to tired on Sunday how to keep this to a minimum.
God's in his heaven. /\ll h@il 8rit@nni@.

Arthesian

Post by Arthesian » June 19th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Okay. I guess that's fair...

Didn't know that user names ( nicknames ) also were part of GDPR since I assumed they wouldn't be considered personal information -- Today I learned.

Still I would encourage you all to give it a bit of thought, because maybe if you set a bar:

let's say for example : above 50 euro donations would make it worth to put in some manual effort to give <<possible>> recognition to donators. ( note : 50 euro is just a made up number, could be anything )

I don't really care anyway, personally. I already bought the ticket and donated as well.

I was just thinking that having anything like other platforms offer could boost the number - and amount - of donations :) Because I know a lot of people actually care :P ( Deep down, I might have lied in the previous line, and care a little as well... -- haha! )

But I completely understand if it's not feasible, or even possible with the current ticket provider.

Thank you for answering though, and giving it some thought.